GATEWAY 3DS IS PREPARING A BIG UPDATE IN APRIL!!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by TheGreek Boy, Mar 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. proflayton123

proflayton123 Sakura思い

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    If you had A9LH installed along side using a GW, if you update to 11.3 or w/e firmware you'll go back to stock bc no firm protection

2. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    i really wish they make gateway card usable in luma3ds,by using app that only open if you have gateway inserted.

netovsk likes this.
  3. Exavold

Exavold eeh

Nov 9, 2015
    France
    I bet it's gonna be another "mindblowing" code steal.

4. Izual Urashima

Izual Urashima GBAtemp Regular

Sep 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Between here and there
    I still don't get the hype for Gateway as of now.

Of course, when it was the only way to pirate any 3DS, I can understand it, but now, we have various methods to reach a point where any non-11.3 user can have access to all games without the Gateway cost, we have little tools like region bypassing, emulators (both native thanks to VC and classic ones) and romhacking.

So, as of now, what is the point in having a Gateway and using it instead of the classic A9LH+Luma ?

Xiphiidae likes this.
  5. proflayton123

proflayton123 Sakura思い

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Supposedly the superior cheat menu and the ease of drag and drop on .3ds files

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rocknard and netovsk like this.
  6. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    it's for old gateway users,also for people who love to use their cheat engine thing.

Marioiscool246 and netovsk like this.
  7. Izual Urashima

Izual Urashima GBAtemp Regular

Sep 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Between here and there
    Isn't there a cheat engine for non-Gateway users too ?

8. proflayton123

proflayton123 Sakura思い

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Well, there is essentially NTR plugins which provide cheats for some games although it's limited in a sense

9. Arck

Arck GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 13, 2016
    that why it's called alpha, I still don't know why they did release that to the public, even if it's dangerous.

Also NTR is better to use cheat, but bad to search cheat.
    Gateway is good to make cheat, bad to use cheat (imo I don't liek the selection menu)
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10. porkiewpyne

porkiewpyne Report-er

Global Moderator
    Jun 8, 2008
    Australia
    Wut? What did people not believe? When GW implemented A9LH, people knew exactly what the hell it was.
    It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Prior to GW's A9LH implementation (which is inferior but that is beside the point), they were given a ton of shit for it. When they did, HURR DUURRR stolen code. And is A9LH not open source? If anyone's gotten code stolen from, it's GW. On multiple occasions at that but let's just conveniently forget that and harp on the same small portion of their history over and over and over and over again.

cvskid and Armadillo like this.
  11. adrifcastr

adrifcastr GBAtemp Addict

Sep 12, 2016
    Germany
    if they use code without naming its creator aka giving credit, it is mostly handled as if it was stolen, since they did not mention the creator, same with datel, they also steal SciresM'S and Kaphotics PkHex Code for Powersave

12. porkiewpyne

porkiewpyne Report-er

Global Moderator
    Jun 8, 2008
    Australia
    That much I understand. The point of the quote was to question what it was people did not believe.

13. el_gonz87
    This message by el_gonz87 has been removed from public view by raulpica, Mar 25, 2017, Reason: This got old something like... 2 years ago? -rp.
    Mar 18, 2017
  14. Arck
    This message by Arck has been removed from public view by raulpica, Mar 25, 2017, Reason: Reply to trashed post -rp.
    Mar 18, 2017
  15. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    A9LH never had firm protection. It's CFWs that provide that.

16. porkiewpyne

porkiewpyne Report-er

Global Moderator
    Jun 8, 2008
    Australia
    What better way to make a point than to namecall eh?

Not really. A9LH in itself doesn't have firm protection as far as I know. It's all done on Luma's end

17. CreAtor135

CreAtor135 GBATemp's #1 Nothing

Jan 10, 2015
    United States
    Ikeb, Ukuro
    No one credits Gateway for firmlaunchhax, or memchunkhax, which were reverse engineered out of their code out of spite for the team, or the spider implementation, or the oothax implementation, etc. etc.

>inb4 but they were discovered by yellows8!!
    Yeah because Yls8 ever had any intentions of releasing anything he'd found. He only started releasing exploit-based stuff after his CFW was leaked, and up till now his exploits are mainly just Homebrew Userspace related and not arm9/arm11 related.

If not for Gateway we wouldn't have a good deal of the CFW we have today, but let's just refer to their one instance of using open-sourced code to make them seem like dirty utter code thieves. :P

Anyways, in response to the thread, don't count on them actually hitting the mark. They're always late with this stuff.

18. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    second wish:
    i wish from people who don't have gateway to stop shitposting about gateway,it's really getting old.

it's not funny anymore.

19. Arck

Arck GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 13, 2016
    true, this is a bad meme now

Minasodrom likes this.
  20. el_gonz87

el_gonz87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    Or you could just not be dumb enough to ignore GPL license, it's there for a reason and it's like 1 page LOL.

21. porkiewpyne

porkiewpyne Report-er

Global Moderator
    Jun 8, 2008
    Australia
    They definitely did mess up there. They usually did give credit up until then though. Then again, given the shady business they are in, copyright isn't exactly their forte LOL XD

netovsk likes this.
  22. el_gonz87

el_gonz87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    Lol fair enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.