Hacking Gateway 3DS going to work for 4.5-9.0?

Kickbut101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a new 3DS XL today and went to update it to 9.2 and got blindsided by the 9.3 update.

On gateway-3ds website the latest post says
We will add support for a firmware range lower than 9.0 which can be installed using a gamecard update.

So if I am understanding this correctly if I go to get another 3DS XL and just wait I should be able to utilize the update they are talking about and still be able to use Gateway correct?

Or should I just hope that Gateway figures out the 9.3 update like sky3ds did?

Timburpton

Trophies
XP
Country
It sounding like they adding support to one other specific version which you can update to this version using a retail actual game.

Meaning you will be needing to buy/borrow game with the version of update.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a new 3DS XL today and went to update it to 9.2 and got blindsided by the 9.3 update.

On gateway-3ds website the latest post says

So if I am understanding this correctly if I go to get another 3DS XL and just wait I should be able to utilize the update they are talking about and still be able to use Gateway correct?

Or should I just hope that Gateway figures out the 9.3 update like sky3ds did?

Lets not hype this shit and wait for the release, thats all I will say for this discussion.

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys all said what I'm thinking too. I'm thinking 8.1 is going to be the target firmware, and then you can use Gateway to get to 9.0-9.2 from there. Seeing as Smash Bros. 3DS requires 8.1 and it is very popular it might be a good game to get lower firmware users upgraded, and of course the Japanese New 3DS as of now all come with 8.1 firmware out of the box.

Ailan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is not what they said. Gateway was telling everyone that they will support an update which you can receive through a gamecard as well. 8.1 probably.

D

Deleted-355425

That is not what they said. Gateway was telling everyone that they will support an update which you can receive through a gamecard as well. 8.1 probably.
What everyone needs to do is not update anything at all right now.

Reactions: Zidapi

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We will add support for a firmware range lower than 9.0 which can be installed using a gamecard update
So I'm thinking it'll be a range of firmware kinda like how gateway currently supports the firmware range between 4.1-4.5.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated