Hacking Gateway 3DS Game Backup An Error Occured Kingdom Hearts

Krasnow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to back up my collection of games and so far everything is going fine with the games being backed up onto my 16GB FAT32 SD card. For some reason though with Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance it starts off with the "Game Code: CTR-P-AKHE" but then after a time it will say "An Error Occured, Press [A] to Exit". When I look at the SD card I have AKHE.3D0 through AKHE.3D7 each of them 2GB in size except for the last one which I guess filled up the last of the 16GB card and ran out of space. I know there is no way that Kingdom Hearts is 16GB right? Resident Evil was broken up into two files but I have never seen 7+ files. Any ideas?

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country
Try downloading it from another source, it may be corrupted

edit: Ah nevermind, I see that you are backing up a retail cart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They aren't talking about a downloaded rom, the poster is trying to backup a retail cartridge.
Krasnow
Copy the contents of your SD card to your pc then use Panasonic SD formatter to format the card to exFAT, and try backing up the game again.

Krasnow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Subtle Demise:

Thanks for the suggestion but the 3DS does not seem to support exFAT for the SD card that actually goes inside of the 3DS. After trying your suggestion then Gateway does not come up at all such as the 3DS cannot even find the SD card when it is turned on. The SD card used in the Gateway cartridge where the games are stored actually is in exFAT but so far I have not found a way to have the SD card in the 3DS work using exFAT as suggested. Anyone else have any other ideas? I guess if I am stuck carrying around one extra game when I want to play it is not the end of the world but I would prefer to have all my games in one place (not to mention the save files).
tbgtbg:

Hmmm thanks for the info. It seems like it creates one file that is 2,097,152 KB and then just keeps creating them over and over again. Maybe there is a flaw in the Backup process for games that are exactly 2GB in size?

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would think you'd need to hit 4GB to get such a problem, since as you mention the 3DS SD card can't be exFAT. But FAT 32 should be able to handle a 2GB file just fine.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Subtle Demise:

Thanks for the suggestion but the 3DS does not seem to support exFAT for the SD card that actually goes inside of the 3DS. After trying your suggestion then Gateway does not come up at all such as the 3DS cannot even find the SD card when it is turned on. The SD card used in the Gateway cartridge where the games are stored actually is in exFAT but so far I have not found a way to have the SD card in the 3DS work using exFAT as suggested. Anyone else have any other ideas? I guess if I am stuck carrying around one extra game when I want to play it is not the end of the world but I would prefer to have all my games in one place (not to mention the save files).

Oops, I thought the Gateway backup went to the MicroSD and not the 3DS card. I'm sorry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...