Hacking Gateway 3ds freezing during gameplay?

eztwister

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just updated to 2.2.

Trying to play a game... get a few minutes in, then the system freezes. I can do a reset, start playing again, and at a different point, it freezes once more.

Using a 64gb micro sd. Multi-rom. Both games on the SD card freeze up the system. Update was successful, everything seems to be in order.

4.5 3ds regular.

Any ideas?

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
Just updated to 2.2.

Trying to play a game... get a few minutes in, then the system freezes. I can do a reset, start playing again, and at a different point, it freezes once more.

Using a 32gb micro sd. Multi-rom. Both games on the SD card freeze up the system. Update was successful, everything seems to be in order.

4.5 3ds regular.

Any ideas?

Fake SD card perhaps ...is any of your Roms trimmed?

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess the usual questions need answering.

What games?
Scene dump or personal dump?
Trimmed or untrimmed?
What filesystem: FAT32 or exFAT?

There are two other questions derived from my own freezing experiences that could also be factors.
Are the contacts (gold stripes on the bottom of the back of card) on the card dirty?
Were you moving around a lot at the time of the freezes?

The reason I asked those last two is because its possible that the freezes are caused by the card shifting just ever so slightly as to briefly disrupt the connection without triggering the message you get from ejecting the card while the game is still running.

eztwister

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Games: XXX

Both scene dumps.

Untrimmed.

exFAT.

The actual microSD card is a Sandusk Ultra, 64gb. Contacts on the back look a little worn. I found it laying around, don't know how old it is...

I'm trying a different microSD now. We'll see if it makes a difference. Will report back soon.

EDIT: Was just a crappy SD card. Throwing it out because it's caused me nothing but grief. Using a trusty 4gb one now, lol.

Everything works :)

Reactions: tjexp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Coming.