Hacking Gateway 3DS for 9.5 firmware

Kaster999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello guys. I want to ask some questions about gateway because im very confused with this card.
I know for the moment that the card support 4.5-9.2 firmwares 3DS but i update my console to the latest firmware 9.5 and as i see gateway released the ULTRA 3.0.4 PUBLIC BETA wich support the 9.5 or what? link That's i dont understand. So if i buy this card, does it playing with my 9.5 system normally?

Kaster999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i dont understand what is emuNAND!!! I want to tell me if i buy the card this moment it will work or not or must wait for newest release...

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
In short, no, you can't use Gateway on your console.

sysNAND = Your real system firmware version(in your case 9.5).It has to be 9.2 or lower to work with gateway.

emuNAND = A "fake" system created by Gateway, which "sits" on top of your real system to fool Nintendo into updating it instead of the real system (sysNAND), this is needed if you want to access e-Shop or play online.

You can buy Sky3DS.

Kaster999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ok thanks!!! So when the gateway release the 9.5 support update can i proceed to purchase?
But in some youtube videos i saw that people run 9.5 system with ULTRA 3.0.4 PUBLIC BETA. Can someone explain this?

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ok thanks!!! So when the gateway release the 9.5 support update can i proceed to purchase?

Unfortunately, they're not planning to support firmwares 9.3 or higher(at least not anytime soon), your best bet is Sky3DS, or sell your 9.5 console and buy a new one, 9.2 or lower.

Kaster999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
In short, no, you can't use Gateway on your console.

sysNAND = Your real system firmware version(in your case 9.5).It has to be 9.2 or lower to work with gateway.

emuNAND = A "fake" system created by Gateway, which "sits" on top of your real system to fool Nintendo into updating it instead of the real system (sysNAND), this is needed if you want to access e-Shop or play online.

You can buy Sky3DS.

Oh now i understand. So when the gateway will said it supports 9.5 they will mean the sysNAND?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
can i update my 9.5 sysNAND to 9.5 emuNAND so i can make the card work?
To put it simply, if you're on 9.5, there is no way to use the gateway. None. It MIGHT get compatibility one day, but I wouldn't count on it, and you may be waiting for years. The Sky3DS will work, but it's a little bit more limited in what it can do.

Kaster999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
To put it simply, if you're on 9.5, there is no way to use the gateway. None. It MIGHT get compatibility one day, but I wouldn't count on it, and you may be waiting for years. The Sky3DS will work, but it's a little bit more limited in what it can do.

When you say more limited you mean less compatibility games?

storm75x

Remember that thing I don't remember? Yeah, that!
Trophies
__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲͡ ̲__
Website
www.fort42.com
XP
Country
ok thanks guys. Does Sky3DS is as good as gateway?
Sky3DS is far worse than Gateway, but it is known to be super user-friendly. Also, Sky3DS can be used on any console to date.
Take note however, there has been numerous case of consoles being banned from going online using Sky3DS. Using a legit header on Gateway never caused such problem.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's incompatible with eShop type games. Retail games should work fine though. There's also some other features it doesn't have, but being unable to run eShop dumps is the major one.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Take note however, there has been numerous case of consoles being banned from going online using Sky3DS. Using a legit header on Gateway never caused such problem.

Same for sky3ds, using a legit (private) header in the sky3ds template never has caused such problem, as far as i know.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys. I want to ask some questions about gateway because im very confused with this card.
I know for the moment that the card support 4.5-9.2 firmwares 3DS but i update my console to the latest firmware 9.5 and as i see gateway released the ULTRA 3.0.4 PUBLIC BETA wich support the 9.5 or what? link That's i dont understand. So if i buy this card, does it playing with my 9.5 system normally?

You read everything on that site completely wrong, it clearly state what is supported on sysnand and what emunand is supported.

i dont understand what is emuNAND!!! I want to tell me if i buy the card this moment it will work or not or must wait for newest release...

GW created emunand, which is basically a copy of your sysnand. You have to manually boot emunand. emunand is used to install unsign cia's and run GW hacks like multi-rom support, region-free, install a small app like devmenu.

Oh now i understand. So when the gateway will said it supports 9.5 they will mean the sysNAND?

They said it will be in the future, they will find a way to support emunand 9.5, this is an issue for all N3DS users. For regular 3ds/3dsxl users it works fine.

can i update my 9.5 sysNAND to 9.5 emuNAND so i can make the card work?

Again, sysnand 9.5 is not supported. you need a system that is currently on sysnand firmware 4.5 - 9.2.

sky3ds only plays backup roms, thats all it can do.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland

hello!!!!!!! the gateway card supports up to 9.2, you won't be able to use the card with your 9.5 system, ever.
(maybe in 2 years)

qq3DS works on 9.5

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM