Gateway 3DS flashcart Frimware works on Supercard DSTWO??

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by ahmed8553, Sep 10, 2013.

1. ahmed8553
    OP

ahmed8553 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2013
    United States
    Qudaih, Ash Sharqiyah, Saudi Arabia
    how is that even possible?

can someone try it?

2. Bobbyloujo

Bobbyloujo I am a millipede, I am amazing.

Jul 24, 2010
    United States
    United States
    It's kind of suspicious that their using two different 3DSs. I'm not well-versed in the matter of 3DS hacking though so I have no idea if it's possible or not.

3. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    That would be cool.

4. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    From what I know the gateway installer is just a regular NDS file that can be used on any flashcart, but you'll need the red card to actually play 3DS games after you install it.

5. emmanu888

emmanu888 6 years and still going strong

Jan 25, 2009
    Canada
    Victoriaville,Québec
    It does look kind of suspicious, Two 3DS are used, it doesn't look like he/she's pushing the DSTwo in the 3DS. It looks like a fake, that and the white 3DS is on 6.1.0, i thought Gateway needed a 4.5.0 3DS to work ?

Edit- Tried on my 3DS, unfortunately i don't think it will ever work due to my 3DS being on 6.1.0, it looks like it wants to work but, all i get is a error message telling me the software crashed and the console has to restart. Bummer, really wanted to see if it was possible to use Gateway mode with a Supercard

6. Jockel

Jockel This is where you're wrong, kiddo

Apr 14, 2008
    Germany
    Germany
    What's a Frimware?

7. emmanu888

emmanu888 6 years and still going strong

Jan 25, 2009
    Canada
    Victoriaville,Québec
    Doesn't the Gateway and the Supercard uses the same hardware ? I would try but, even if Gateway mode does install on my 3DS, i get a message saying the software crashed and needs to reboot

8. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    As far as I know some of the hardware is similar but that's not nearly enough to launch 3DS games with it. Besides, I'd think the Gateway team would have made sure something like this is not possible.

9. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    No, that's a rumor made by people who have never opened more than two flash carts before (most flash carts use similar or the same FPGA models, they're just programmed differently and locked).

10. Aeter

Aeter A walking contradiction

Apr 1, 2009
    Netherlands
    The lands of nether
    The DSTWO will never be able to play 3DS games.
    And yes, you can run the Gateway firmware/preparation software from a DSTWO like the blue Gateway card, since the blue Gateway card is just some DS flashcard, like the R4.
    You still need the red Gateway card to play 3DS games and therefore makes it rather useless.

11. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Whao!
    Didn't know that if you change the shell of the Gateway card u still can play 3DS games!
    OMG! I'll try this right away and change the shell of my Gateway with the shell of DSTWO to see if it works!

12. SSG Vegeta
    This message by SSG Vegeta has been removed from public view by raulpica, Sep 11, 2013, Reason: Flaming -rp.
    Sep 11, 2013
  13. enarky

enarky owls?

GBAtemp Patron
    enarky is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 31, 2003
    Afghanistan
    That first part was rather dull, I'm launching the Gateway installer from DS2 all the time. That second part was more interesting. DSTwo Microcontroller should be versatile enough to emulate whatever the Gateway does, kudos to Team Supercard if they really pulled this off.

SSG Vegeta likes this.
  14. enrick

enrick Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2013
    Romania
    the second part is very obviously fake (is another video, another hand, another 3DS), how he/she put the card under the 3ds and moved the finger upper to push donkey kong card or gateway card in

ferret7463 likes this.
  15. enarky

enarky owls?

GBAtemp Patron
    enarky is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 31, 2003
    Afghanistan
    Since this video is not from the people behind Supercard I also assume it's fake.