Hacking Gateway 3DS "Firmware spoofing" and "multi-region"

logon

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
So to confirm (sorry probably going to buy micros sd cards tomorrow) 4 gigabyte roms wont fit on a 4 gigabyte micro sd card?
What class of sd cards are you guys using (ONLY answer if you have a gateway and have been using it)?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
well sry then, haven't been interested in the 3ds rom scene yet, so I didn't know that
I just thought, that, because pokemon x y will be 1.7 gb and not 2gb, it would be the same for all games...
That's the compressed eshop download size. The ROM cart will likely be 4GB. (needing an 8GB sd)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe someday they will support 64 GB SD cards ;)

I am so happy they did this. Now I can play some exclusives from Japan on European 3DS. Too bad legit Japanese 3DS Cartridges wont work. I guess I will have them just for collection.

It still strikes me as odd that all previous handhelds (except the DSi) were region free and despite the regional differences, sold phenomenally well. So why they made the 3DS region locked is beyond me. Hackers do what Nintendon't as I said before :P

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe someday they will support 64 GB SD cards ;)

It still strikes me as odd that all previous handhelds (except the DSi) were region free and despite the regional differences, sold phenomenally well. So why they made the 3DS region locked is beyond me. Hackers do what Nintendon't as I said before :P

Yeah, it is kinda frustrating when you see that precious gem in another region, and it NEVER gets translated and ported to another region. Hopefully for all the region restricted JRPG mega fans will be satisfied with this setup.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it is kinda frustrating when you see that precious gem in another region, and it NEVER gets translated and ported to another region. Hopefully for all the region restricted JRPG mega fans will be satisfied with this setup.

Suck it, Nintendo. You can take your region-locking fanaticism and shove it up your-- never mind :creep: :rofl2:

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So to confirm (sorry probably going to buy micros sd cards tomorrow) 4 gigabyte roms wont fit on a 4 gigabyte micro sd card?
What class of sd cards are you guys using (ONLY answer if you have a gateway and have been using it)?

Correct, and class 4 works just fine for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://youtu.be/e1G3aKJ3g18?feature=shared