Hacking Gateway 3DS Compatibility List [Updated Apr 5, 2014]

Mangekyou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Can someone tell me how to check the region of a ROM, please? When I downloaded them I renamed all of them and took off the region letter :wacko:

Mangekyou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
I read about it and downloaded it, but I dont know how to use it... Is there a room_tool for dummies? lol
I know its a Cmd window but I cant get it to work...

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This question might be obvious and annoying to most of you guys, but please bear with me:

4.5 sysNAND + Gateway 2.0b1
  • ROMs: Plays all ROMs, including Zelda ALBW and Batman, except for NANDsave ones like Pokemon X/Y
4.5 sysNAND + 6.3 emuNAND + Gateway 2.0b1
  • ROMs: Plays all ROMs, including Zelda ALBW and Batman, except for NANDsave ones like Pokemon X/Y

Essentially, having emuNAND changes absolutely nothing as far as roms are concerned? Somehow I assumed that it would increase rom compatibility, since those came out together with the emuNAND in 2.0beta (I believe). But that is unrelated to the emuNAND, in the sense that the gateway team is fixing the games compatibility manually one by one, is that correct?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This question might be obvious and annoying to most of you guys, but please bear with me:

Essentially, having emuNAND changes absolutely nothing as far as roms are concerned? Somehow I assumed that it would increase rom compatibility, since those came out together with the emuNAND in 2.0beta (I believe). But that is unrelated to the emuNAND, in the sense that the gateway team is fixing the games compatibility manually one by one, is that correct?

We misunderstood Gateway when they announced emuNAND. Basically, they only wanted to give costumers an optional alternative to update their console without losing the privileges found on 4.5, but not to relay on this feature to get more support.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
We misunderstood Gateway when they announced emuNAND. Basically, they only wanted to give costumers an optional alternative to update their console without losing the privileges found on 4.5, but not to relay on this feature to get more support.
That's great, thanks for the clarification

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
That's great, thanks for the clarification

At the moment there isnt 1 rom that wont play on SystemNAND but will on EmuNAND, Game Compatibility is identical, like kyogre123 said, EmuNAND is just there for people that want to be on the latest and have eShop, and for Gateway users to have a method to play their retail carts (On the latest version)

kurapika777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the moment there isnt 1 rom that wont play on SystemNAND but will on EmuNAND, Game Compatibility is identical, like kyogre123 said, EmuNAND is just there for people that want to be on the latest and have eShop, and for Gateway users to have a method to play their retail carts (On the latest version)

i thought the OP states that eshop doesnt work on any emuNAND. can someone confirm? if i wanted to get an eshop game like phoenix wright, how do i go about it?

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i thought the OP states that eshop doesnt work on any emuNAND. can someone confirm? if i wanted to get an eshop game like phoenix wright, how do i go about it?
You can't access eshop anymore until Gateway team release a new version of their Launcher.dat
Indeed. Though, to clarify... The bolded part was the intended use of the EmuNAND until Firmware 7.0 broke that functionality.

ryokoseigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can I get clarification on this:
I have no emunand atm, and can play any rom(not the two) including other region games. If I got emunand 7.0 would I suddenly lose the ability to play other region roms? the original post has it written in a way that indicates this, but that makes no sense... Why would getting emunand disable my current 4.5 gateway capabilities?

I ask because I'd like to play pokemon but I dont have an emunand to use 6.3, so would updating to 7.0 ruin my other region roms?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can I get clarification on this:
I have no emunand atm, and can play any rom(not the two) including other region games. If I got emunand 7.0 would I suddenly lose the ability to play other region roms? the original post has it written in a way that indicates this, but that makes no sense... Why would getting emunand disable my current 4.5 gateway capabilities?

I ask because I'd like to play pokemon but I dont have an emunand to use 6.3, so would updating to 7.0 ruin my other region roms?

It doesn't make sense to you because you seem to not understand how the launcher and its patches work. Nonetheless, the info is right.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It depends on the version of your EmuNAND.
EmuNAND is a copy of your System NAND, you can then update your EmuNAND or keep it at 4.5.0.
Up to 6.3.0, the gateway/R4/Link know where to patch the System menu. (It knows how to remove 4.1.0-4.5.0 and 6.3.0 region checking. Maybe 6.2 too?).

System version 7.0.0 has been released after the latest Launcher.dat, so it doesn't know where to apply the region free patch.
The team need to analyze the new System version and release a new Launcher.dat to allow the region free for this version, and possibly fix the System setting/eshop access.

If you want to play Pokemon, you can update your EmuNAND to 7.0.0
When you want to play another region game, use an SD card without the EmuNAND partition and it will be on RealNAND 4.5.0 with region free for ROMs.

ryokoseigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you Cyan, that is a pretty acceptable solution- at least until gateway fixes it.
So does that mean that emunand replaces the gateway enabled 4.5(is that RealNAND?) you get when you dont have emunand? This what is is getting me, why exactly does installing the emunand partition eliminate the running of all roms via 4.5 that is available pre emunand? If Emunand is a copy of NAND then why wouldnt you still have access to the old NAND that works for all roms?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thank you Cyan, that is a pretty acceptable solution- at least until gateway fixes it.
So does that mean that emunand replaces the gateway enabled 4.5(is that RealNAND?) you get when you dont have emunand? This what is is getting me, why exactly does installing the emunand partition eliminate the running of all roms via 4.5 that is available pre emunand? If Emunand is a copy of NAND then why wouldnt you still have access to the old NAND that works for all roms?

You still are not getting the idea...

In order to load ROMs from different regions, a patch is needed. GW's patch for this was made for 4.5, so it logically works on a non-emuNAND console. GW also adapted this patch to work on 6.3, which is why it works on emuNAND 6.3, but it hasn't been adapted to work with 7.0, so, this patch for loading ROMs for any region it's not working.

ryokoseigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes and your continuing to be a jerk in your responses... And not answering the question... Why does installing emunand stop you from booting games in 4.5 gateway?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
yes and your continuing to be a jerk in your responses... And not answering the question... Why does installing emunand stop you from booting games in 4.5 gateway?

What's to say? You also weren't kind enough to ask for guidance before criticising the work of the OP and users on this thread.

GW will always load emuNAND if there's an emuNAND partition installed on the SD. The rest of the info is already written on the post above yours.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.