Hacking Gateway 3DS Compatibility List [Updated Apr 5, 2014]

Mangekyou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
So is it possible to look up a ROMs region? Does the 3DS rom tool allow you to see it is European or American? Cause I downloaded a lot of both without knowing Region Free Roms didn't work.
Yes you can use 3DS rom tool to see the region of a game. I doesnt say Game Region or [E] but you can check it under min firm (or something like that) and it says the minimum firmware needed including the letter of the region of the game.

For example Mario 3D Land looks like this

"Min 3DS Firm: 2.2.0-XU"

That U at the end shows the Region.

landmasta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Yes you can use 3DS rom tool to see the region of a game. I doesnt say Game Region or [E] but you can check it under min firm (or something like that) and it says the minimum firmware needed including the letter of the region of the game.

For example Mario 3D Land looks like this

"Min 3DS Firm: 2.2.0-XU"

That U at the end shows the Region.

Sweet, thanks bro

Loaded

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm unable to edit the subject line to update the date. Cyan, can you, or another mod, update it so that it says: "Gateway 3DS Compatibility List [Updated Dec 16, 2013]" (without the quotes)? Much appreciated!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There are other user's report that EmuNAND 7 changes the game's language (french -> spanish), we don't know why. maybe the patches are affecting the language setting order, and it's picking the wrong one. Even if Japanese is not listed in the Luigi's main menu, the data is in the card. Developers probably didn't remove it when localizing the game.

burboss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There are other user's report that EmuNAND 7 changes the game's language (french -> spanish), we don't know why. maybe the patches are affecting the language setting order, and it's picking the wrong one. Even if Japanese is not listed in the Luigi's main menu, the data is in the card. Developers probably didn't remove it when localizing the game.

i have no tried , but in italian forum one user have tried emunand 7.0 the game zelda start in english (instead italian) and bravely start in japan

longgt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From GW website
Quick update on beta firmware

17/12/2013
Firstly a warm thank you for all the feedback and suggestions regarding our recent public release of GW 2.0b1.
GW 2.0b2 is a few days away from release and will be mainly emunand support for 7.0 and bug fixes together with an additional feature that will hopefully put an end to any accidental updates of consoles.

2.0b2 with emunand 7.0 supportted is a few days away. They didn't mention about support NAND save games and multiROM feature :mellow:

salvatore

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i have had same notice from GW team this morning
Release is around Christmas for final 2.0
The final 2.0 support Nand save games (pokemoon) and multi rom!
then will be out a FW 2.0b2 too, and then 2.0 final

unpaiktable

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a compatibility list for the GW Blue Card? I tried loading up some NDS games with it but most of them resulted in white screens.

beenii

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i have a question and hope to get the answer here. in the first post the op claims with 4.5 sysnand + gateway 2.0b1 it is possible to play all roms (not counting those with nand-save).
i will get my gateway on monday so i dont have an emunand so far.
all i want to play for now is monster hunter 4 on my european 3ds.
will i be able to play it???
(someone on the gbatemp-chat said i would not, but this thread gave me hope)

thank you very much
beenii

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it will work with 2.0b1+, you don't need to use EmuNAND, or to even update it.

the ROM (without Online) will work on:
- 4.1.0 to 4.5.0 (without emuNAND)
- 4.1.0 to 4.5.0 + EmuNAND 4.1.0 to 7.1.0

the EUR cartridge (With Online) will work on:
- 4.1.0 to 4.5.0 + EmuNAND 5.1.0 to 7.1.0

Though, I think it's not released in Europe yet, so you will have to use ROM, which doesn't have online.
If you want online, you will need the European cartridge to work on your European console, Japanese cartridge + Japanese console, the japanese cartridge + a Launcher.dat with region free for cartridge (which is not possible yet), or wait for a Launcher.dat compatible with ROM+Online.

Reactions: beenii

anuj chadha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have had same notice from GW team this morning
Release is around Christmas for final 2.0
The final 2.0 support Nand save games (pokemoon) and multi rom!
then will be out a FW 2.0b2 too, and then 2.0 final
Is this real? I have been waiting 2 months for multi rom and Nand saving. I need to know.

Light-Master

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank for info and I just order mined 3DS XL 4.4 and Gateway. This 'Gateway 2.0b2' is great mystery... No one know what feature going to reveal... maybe it's Nand Saving, MultiRom, Quick shortcut to GW mode, 7.X.X updater on Emunand, Game Online function and 3D Video player.

corim123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't expect more than 7.1 support but they could surprise us. Any other features will probably come at the "near Christmas" 2.0 release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM