Hacking Gateway 3ds card update, black screen

otto888

I break things for a living.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i try and i try many times.. no changes..

You updated to 9.6, which isn't supported yet. You'll have to reformat your EmuNAND, and don't update. If you need to update to anything except 9.6 for some reason, I think there is a way to update by using CIAs, but I haven't tried it.

DeShelly

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Greece
and here its the black screen =p :lol:
21126_450249038464651_5147776775641637857_n.jpg

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you trying to update the GW? Is there a prompt asking you do to so? If you can play games maybe it doesn't need to updated.

Reactions: Osmosis

phazonknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you updated the emunand, gotta wait for gw to release an update unless you have a backup of emunand with an older firmware on it

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know.. i just see gw have a update and i wanted to update it, thats all..
Some of the things you are saying do make sense to me. Let's start from the beginning.
What system firmware are you running (sysnand)?
What emunand firmware are you running ?
--both can be found in system settings of the respective firmware
What version of the launcher,dat are you using? 3.1.1 is the latest
Old 3ds or now 3ds?
What is the exact procedure you are using to attempt to update the gateway card and causes the black screen?

I ask this becuase if the gateway card needs to be updated the gateway menu will prompt you to update it. If it doesn't you don't need to do anything. All that is required to run the latest GateWay release is to put the new Launcher.dat in the root of the internal mSD or SD card and run an appropriate exploit such as cubic Ninja, OOT, web browser or DS profile. The exploit you should be using is dependent on the model of 3Ds you have and the sysnand version.

DeShelly

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Greece
Some of the things you are saying do make sense to me. Let's start from the beginning.
What system firmware are you running (sysnand)?
What emunand firmware are you running ?
--both can be found in system settings of the respective firmware
What version of the launcher,dat are you using? 3.1.1 is the latest
Old 3ds or now 3ds?
What is the exact procedure you are using to attempt to update the gateway card and causes the black screen?

I ask this becuase if the gateway card needs to be updated the gateway menu will prompt you to update it. If it doesn't you don't need to do anything. All that is required to run the latest GateWay release is to put the new Launcher.dat in the root of the internal mSD or SD card and run an appropriate exploit such as cubic Ninja, OOT, web browser or DS profile. The exploit you should be using is dependent on the model of 3Ds you have and the sysnand version.

sys nand: 4.5
emu nand: 9.5
version launcher: 3.1.1
old 3ds
i go to sys setings and i go to ds profile and i press the hotkeys for gw menu and there they ask me to update my gw card, update and black screen..

Bakuryu42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is actually happening to me right now.
Sys nand: 9.2
Emunand: 9.4
Gateway: 3.1? Im not positive I had 3.1 downloaded from a while back so I assume I updated it, but I would have to put the old dat back to check.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This is happening to me too.
Whenever I go into DS Profile, it asks me to update the Gateway 3DS card, even if I don't have it inside the console. o.o

I found a workaround though, you can go into the Gateway menu by Clicking Cancel on the Update prompt, but remember to NOT have the GW Red Card inserted, only after you press Cancel (B) and you go into the Gateway menu, you can put it in and use the Gateway functions and tools.

This still bothers me, though, as the update prompt is happening in both my O3DS and my N3DS, both of them have the Launcher.dat for 3.3. :/

Anyone knows a way to remove that update prompt?

sanderdsz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Im having this trouble...
I can't boot on the godammit classic mode now, it turn in black screen.
I haven't done anything, my gateway is in the 3.4v and my emunand probs on the 9.5, sysnand on 9.2.

Someone found the solution to this red card update bug?

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys I have a quick question and didn't want to create a new thread for it : I have a Micro sd card with a gw emunand partition how can i fully format the card to its original state?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    @DinohScene Can you please delete my comment here? I cant edit since it'
    ..since it's locked and I really dont want to be a part of their attention seeking nonsense any longer.
    Thank you
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Thank you