Hacking Gateway 3DS - Blackscreen on Pokemon games?

shawly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi Guys,

I just got my Gateway 3DS today. Since I own a DSTWO, I already installed the Gateway Blue Card files the day before yesterday and set up emuNAND and backed up my Pokemon X, Pokemon Omega Ruby, Smash Bros and Monster Hunter cartridges, glad I did that because when I started I noticed how long it takes. :D

And now I put in the Red Card and started in Gateway Mode, I updated to the newest firmware, which is 9.4 I believe and downloaded all the updates again, since I haven't saved my SD card when setting up emuNAND.
I renamed all the Roms to 3dz, because I've read that 3dz are online playable roms and since these are original backups they obviously contain a valid header.

Anyways Smash Bros and Monster Hunter worked just fine, but I can't start both of the Pokemon Games, the screen just keeps being black and nothing happens... Is this the fault of the updates? Normally it can't be because Smash Bros and Monster Hunter also have the newest updates and work just fine, so why?

I've trimmed the roms with 3DS Explorer, I only trimmed, not supertrimmed them, so why don't they work at all? I can't find anything for this problem on Google since noone seems to have it...

shawly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Aww fine, so I really have to redump them again?
Is there a way to untrim them, so I could save some time?

Oh and is there a list of games which I shouldn't trim?

Edit: Nevermind there is a way to untrim :)

shawly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Alright the games work now, the only thing is, my Pokemon saves within the roms are corrupted... I've read I can only obtain these savegames from my original cartridge with the Action Replay Powertools, is that true?
I mean yeah I could play with my original cartridge, I've checked it and the saves still work, but I don't wanna carry them always with me when I could just put them on my Gateway...

P.S.: Does Pokemon Bank work with roms? Theoreticall it should right? Can't try it since my saves are corrupted :)

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Alright the games work now, the only thing is, my Pokemon saves within the roms are corrupted... I've read I can only obtain these savegames from my original cartridge with the Action Replay Powertools, is that true?
I mean yeah I could play with my original cartridge, I've checked it and the saves still work, but I don't wanna carry them always with me when I could just put them on my Gateway...

P.S.: Does Pokemon Bank work with roms? Theoreticall it should right? Can't try it since my saves are corrupted :)

You can't have the same saves due to a different encryption method. You have to restart the game if you want to play a ROM. Bank should work, provided you select the ROM from the Gateway menu before launching it. I haven't tested this last point myself, though.

shawly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Dammit, what if I convert the game to cia and install it on my 3ds and then use the Savedata Transfer Utility?
Will it be able to detect the converted game as digital version and convert the save?

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Dammit, what if I convert the game to cia and install it on my 3ds and then use the Savedata Transfer Utility?
Will it be able to detect the converted game as digital version and convert the save?

Nope. The Savedata Transfer Utility would have to be run in Gateway Mode to recognise the installed CIA, and the retail game would only be recognised in Classic Mode.

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What you CAN do, is use a Datel Powersaves to dump your save, follow a method described in a bunch of ProjectPokémon threads (you'll have to navigate that mess, unfortunately) to decrypt it, and then use SaveDataFiler to load the decrypted save into your ROM/CIA. However, you'll never be able to get it back into your retail cartridge.

shawly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah I know that there is Powersaves but paying 25€ just to get my savefiles to my rom is just stupid, I'll play them in classic mode or maybe transfer all the Pokemon to my Pokemon Bank and import them on the rom and replay to the point I am now, since I haven't finished the game yet it wouldn't take that much time.

But thanks anyways!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16