Gateway 3DS and Online-Shop

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by memoryofds, Dec 7, 2013.

1. memoryofds
    OP

memoryofds Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Hi folks, I have a question.

I bought a new 3ds. my older one is uptodate and i bought there in the online-shop pokemon x. On the new 3ds, I can't download pokemon again. It want me to buy it again. When I tried data transfer, it freezes on the new 3ds. IF I copy and apste the content to the new sd card, it doesn't recognize it.

How can I play ma downloaded games on the new 3ds?

Yours sincerly

memoryofds

2. inuyasha555

inuyasha555 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 10, 2013
    Canada
    You didn't specify the firmware on the old one but assuming because you wrote Gateway in the title, it's probably 4.1-4.5

You CANNOT transfer it unless you have a way of rewriting the NAND which requires soldering a few wires to the motherboard.

3. memoryofds
    OP

memoryofds Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2009
    Gambia, The
    The firmware on the old one is 6.3, on my now one it is 4.1. When I tried data transfer to the new 3ds, it says pls update it to use data transfer. When I try to do it on the emunand function, it just freezes. I will write the Gateway team, maybe they will find a way in the future that I can transfer the data to the emunand.

4. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    data transfer reboots your 3DS which throws it back to 4.1.

5. dagro

dagro GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2013
    So from what i read you got two 3DS, bought pokemon on one of them and want to play on second?
    Sad to break it to you but its "non-exclusive, non-transferable licence"
    Here is how Nintendo compares eShop vs Retail
    eShop = get it on day of release (its more expensive than retail usually)
    Retail = transferable and have to buy it from store and wait for delivery.

Your games aren't account bound they are console bound.

6. memoryofds
    OP

memoryofds Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Meanwhile I also did some research. I came to the same result. I am never ever going to buy any of there games any more. F*** them.

If I sell the 3ds and log off the store, so the next user can also play it, right?