Gateway 3ds 4.5 and puzzle swap with pink pieces not updating...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by limesmoke, Dec 13, 2014.

1. limesmoke
    OP

limesmoke Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2014
    United States
    I have a few version <4.5 3DSes and all of them have gateway and all but one have the first few panels but then have updated (the puzzle swap game, not the 3DS firmware) automatically over time to include waaay more panels with pink pieces as well to collect.

Upon doing research I found the only way to correct this problem is to reset to factory settings... I also read that the problem is caused because the SD card was formatted and the file that the DS created that contained the information of the first introductory piece I received.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and/or have any advice for me? I am concerned because I do not want to have to update, as you know having <4.5 is crucial for my gateway card to work. What can I do to be able to collect pieces from the panels with pink pieces?

And if formatting the actual system really IS the only option, what do I need to know in order to both A. keep my version and gateway card working and B. how i can keep or restore my DSes settings etc to how it was before and what will change / what i will have to do to my system after a factory reset.

Sorry if I should have posted this elsewhere and I appreciate the help. Much love and all replies are greatly appreciated. <3 (: