Gateway 3.2 new 3ds, no menu anymore ?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by mc-kiler, Apr 29, 2015.

1. mc-kiler
    OP

mc-kiler GBAtemp Regular

Jan 1, 2015
    Finland
    is this only happening to me ? when i go to settings and go to profile and ds , i see the gateway picture for a second only, then automatically reach the homescreen and can press select and access the multirom menu
    but why does the menu that has gateway mode, classic mode, emunand, downgrade, etc not show up anymore
    i have cubic ninja, with that method i can get to that menu , but not with the settings approach

2. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    Hold L

3. Neptune

Neptune GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 7, 2003
    United States
    Internet
    ninja'd

4. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    if you didnt have your GW card inserted you would reach it too....basically if GW card is inserted it auto boots to GW mode unless you hold L

5. mc-kiler
    OP

mc-kiler GBAtemp Regular

Jan 1, 2015
    Finland
    thank you all
    shall i delete this post then ? or leave it so that anyone with the same problem can see this some day ?

6. mc-kiler
    OP

mc-kiler GBAtemp Regular

Jan 1, 2015
    Finland
    also one more question
    i have gw3ds 9.0 on settings
    i do not know whether i should update gw3ds 9.0 via the update section
    is it possible to get gw9.5 again ?

7. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    nope, you can only update via cia or on cart updates like xenoblade to update, so you cant enter system settings to check your FW, but if it said GW3DS in system settings your all good to run your updates while in GW mode to update emunand to 9.4/9.5

PS this is based on you having a n3DS which im pretty sure you do as you mentioned having CN too :P

8. mc-kiler
    OP

mc-kiler GBAtemp Regular

Jan 1, 2015
    Finland
    sorry for asking again my english is not that good, that sentence is confusing to me . so does that mean that i can update gw3d9.0 via system settings even if 9.7 is already out ?

am i the only one who was formating micro sd cards ? originally i could not get the settings exploit to work, and i read somewhere that the new 3.2 method had to be installed to sysnand and not emunand, thats why all this was such a hassle for me

yes, new 3ds 9.0

9. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    well tbh there is no real reason to update emunand atm, you cant update to the latest version i.e 9.7 so just stick to 9.0 to save complicating it for yourself there is pretty much no advantage of having 9.5 over 9.0

10. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    I always grab the latest firmware for emunand and save it to my PC. Then I re-install a lower version that is compatible with ninjhax.

11. mc-kiler
    OP

mc-kiler GBAtemp Regular

Jan 1, 2015
    Finland
    Oh i was about to update gw3d 9.0

But i dont feel good about this

12. zuxicovp

zuxicovp Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2015
    United States
    Just stay on 9.0 . It's not worth updating at the moment. The last thing you want is to accidentally update

13. mc-kiler
    OP

mc-kiler GBAtemp Regular

Jan 1, 2015
    Finland
    Yeah you are right
    I always thought having the latest emunand was for playing newer games
    But GW can fw spoof i heard that always confused me

14. Allied

Allied Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2015

This is phrased really badly. Do not "check" you are in EmuNAND by looking in system settings, and then back out of settings, and THEN immediately update using a cart or whatever. Backing out the system settings causes a reboot, putting you back into SysNAND.

gamesquest1 likes this.
  15. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    yeah even how you wrote it is not phrased well, guess to protect people we need to break it up so they dont screw up
    1. format emunand
    2. boot emunand and check its actually set up by going to system settings and looking for GW3DS on the FW version (people assuming they have has resulted in quite a few bricks/updated consoles)
    3. exit system settings WHICH WILL RETURN YOU TO SYSNAND EVEN IF IT SAID GW3D
    4. boot back into gateway mode with update checks disabled by holding up when launching gateway mode
    5. launch a game that contains the desired update from the red card and you will be prompted to update via cart

16. Allied

Allied Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2015

Yeah and you also probably should set up some folders and a different theme so you know you are in EmuNAND just by looking at the home screen.