Gateway 3.2 Intalled DevMenu and it installed on the SysNand Aswell???????

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by AdowTatep, Apr 29, 2015.

1. AdowTatep
    OP

AdowTatep GBAtemp Regular

Oct 20, 2013
    Brazil
    Deep in some cavern
    Hi guys, just like the post title, had to install a devmenu.cia throught the big blue manager.3ds in order to install the mset_jap on my New 3DS 9.1.

Everything is working fine. But when i rebooted my 3ds, dev menu was in there???

Now i'm afraid of installing .cias on my new 3ds emunand, like US Monster Hunter and so, since i'm on a japanese console.

I feel like my emu nand is the same as sysnand, how i can separate them? because when i make a folder on emunand, it happens on sysnand aswell!! And i'm so confused now. I saw something about emunand on new 3ds but i thought it was like, we couldn't update emunand, but we don't have it? i didn't get. Please clear me

Forget i'm just dumb

Margen67 likes this.
  2. NicEXE

NicEXE GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2009
    Cyprus
    I don't fully understand what you mean

3. AdowTatep
    OP

AdowTatep GBAtemp Regular

Oct 20, 2013
    Brazil
    Deep in some cavern
    I thought that new 3ds had emunand, but i'm just another dumb that didn't fully read their post

4. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    the n3DS does have emunand, it just cant be updated to 9.6/9.7 yet, make sure you have picked format emunand from the GW menu then pick format system in sysnand to unlink them, then you can set a theme for each one so you can quickly differentiate i,e red for sysnand, blue for emunand or whatever

5. KidIce

KidIce Smart Ass

Dec 22, 2005
    United States
    If you set up emuNAND then you indeed have it. You can confirm by seeing the GW3D in front of the version number while in GW mode.

If the above is true then your emuNAND and sysNAND are linked. While it will appear installed on your sysNAND (i.e. it will have an icon on the home menu) you will find that it does not work and it will complain about not being able to find it and that you need to re-download it from the eShop... Or something along those lines, I don't recall the exact verbiage and I can't be bothered to check right now.

It's nothing to worry about really, nothing bad will happen because of it.