Hacking Gateway 3.10 update: Think about your options

Lockerzpoints2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, obviously the update for Gateway has come out but we all see the requirements here. I just want to point out a few things that I HOPE people won't get a smart mouth saying "Duh, this is so obvious" and etc.
1. The requirement of Ocarina of Time 3DS. It's very scarce in quantity, and only certain versions of the game work. Some people have been having issues.
2. Following up on scarcity, the cost is almost as much as a Sky 3DS on ebay and Amazon.

This leads me to say, it might be better if you get a Gateway & Sky3DS at this point. But I'm not done before people jump to conclusions.

They did state that they were getting a Cubic Ninja exploit to try and work but I'm not sure how long that will take. Who knows if they'll be able to get it to work at all?

I wanted to suggest renting a copy but that will not work as you probably need the game to load up the exploit again, every time. I can't confirm since I don't own a copy of Ocarina of Time 3DS and I won't be looking around for one either. The game is too rare and over-hyped (sorry if that offends any Zelda fans, but it's true) so chances of getting it are second to none unless you want to dish out some money. THEN you'd need to see if it's compatible.
Check mrGREEK360's blog:
Gateway 3.1 Zelda OoT Compatibility List.

Hope that might help some users trying to decide what they should do. Either you can wait longer for a cubic ninja exploit, get Ocarina of Time 3DS, or get a Sky 3DS and Ocarina of Time 3DS is really close to the cost of a Sky 3DS, bare that in mind. Hope you guys have a good day. Enjoy your gateways if you've gotten them working or your Sky3DSes if you've already been playing on the N3DSXL with those.

Lockerzpoints2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a thread to help some people so they don't jump the boat in these types of situations.
Like how some jumped the boat and went ahead and ordered a Gateway 3DS and a N3DSXL, who didn't previously have an original 3DS XL, thinking that the methods might be the same. If they don't have a copy of Ocarina of Time 3D right now, they need different options. Cubic Ninja being one of them, or Sky 3DS being the other.
This is simply how I'm putting it, not putting what "everyone else" said together. Also I have linked the compatibility list that mrGreek360 has come up with to help users and the entire community as a whole, if it helps.

Lockerzpoints2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I think multiple people have confirmed that as well. I mean, it makes sense right? Why would a Gateway exploit work with a Sky3DS? Haha, but yes you are correct.

tvo770

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also only certain OoT carts even work no rhyme or reason to why one works and the other doesn't people at first. said only 1.0 work but 1.1 have worked as well and some 1.0 have not it seems to be 50/50 so you can buy one off ebay and there's a 50% the one you buy won't work.

Lockerzpoints2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I already stated that in the thread. This is why people need more options. I am not sure if the Gateway team will update to support all of the versions of the game carts with different serials on them.
Hopefully the Cubic Ninja exploit gets working, but then that's going to create chaos on ebay again.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Lot save is vulnerable to Repeat CTR Fail, so it is a good idea to try to recypher the save for those who have a save corruption issue.

Lockerzpoints2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, I am currently ordering a copy of Cubic Ninja before scalpers take advantage of the situation. I know there's a chance that it might not work with the exploit, as it wasn't promised, but it's a more secure option than buying Ocarina of Time for 65 - 80 dollars in my opinion.

tvo770

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, I am currently ordering a copy of Cubic Ninja before scalpers take advantage of the situation. I know there's a chance that it might not work with the exploit, as it wasn't promised, but it's a more secure option than buying Ocarina of Time for 65 - 80 dollars in my opinion.

agreed I'd rather not waste $80 to find out the game I bought doesn't do the exploit

Reactions: Lockerzpoints2

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
speaking of renting you could rent it n then say u lost it. id assume theyd only charge the cost of the game which new was $40 so idk maybe worth a shot? or just never go back to the place u rented it from lol

tvo770

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
speaking of renting you could rent it n then say u lost it. id assume theyd only charge the cost of the game which new was $40 so idk maybe worth a shot? or just never go back to the place u rented it from lol

I thought about going to see if my GameStop carried one then buying it and returning it if it didn't work but to be completely honest I think I may as well just wait for the cubic ninja hack giving that I already on that game

Lockerzpoints2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not a bad idea, it's just a little flawed. They might do what Gamestop did. Gamestop increased the price of the game (used copy) to about 55 dollars I believe when they noticed that the game's value went up when the production has stopped. I'm not sure if other places would do that, but renting is not a bad idea in the case of them allowing you to pay for the game. Still though, Cubic Ninja seems to be the cheaper option for now while everyone scouts out for Ocarina of Time. Then also, there's what tvo770 said. The copy might not work.

tvo770

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also i thought i'd clarify the reason sky doesn't work the issue is that Sky doesn't natively support the .sav format you need a save converter it using a .sav converter however that conversion process breaks the hack but acubic ninja should be okay as long as it used to QR hack.

Lockerzpoints2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also i thought i'd clarify the reason sky doesn't work the issue is that Sky doesn't natively support the .sav a format I need a save converter to use the .sav format however that conversion process breaks the hack so as long as the cubic ninja hack using the QR code sky should support it.
I was thinking the same thing, that they would use the same Cubic Ninja exploit as Ninjahax aka using QR codes to get it to work. The issue though, will homebrew from Ninjahax and the actual game using Gateway's exploit both work..?
Also, I honestly believe Cubic Ninja to work better than Ocarina of Time. Just my theory, but there's more loopholes and such. Thinking back to the Twilight Princess situation for the Wii, there were better exploits later on.
Ordered my copy of Cubic Ninja so scalpers couldn't take advantage and raise it back up to 40 again. I just hope I can use homebrew and gateway for cubic ninja, but I'm doubting some possibilities so I think the .cia file of Cubic Ninja would work since hte .sav will be on the sd card, and Cubic Ninja will have the save elsewhere.

tvo770

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking the same thing, that they would use the same Cubic Ninja exploit as Ninjahax aka using QR codes to get it to work. The issue though, will homebrew from Ninjahax and the actual game using Gateway's exploit both work..?
Also, I honestly believe Cubic Ninja to work better than Ocarina of Time. Just my theory, but there's more loopholes and such. Thinking back to the Twilight Princess situation for the Wii, there were better exploits later on.
Ordered my copy of Cubic Ninja so scalpers couldn't take advantage and raise it back up to 40 again. I just hope I can use homebrew and gateway for cubic ninja, but I'm doubting some possibilities so I think the .cia file of Cubic Ninja would work since hte .sav will be on the sd card, and Cubic Ninja will have the save elsewhere.

but once you have gateway you could just run a back up so it doesn't really matter also am I the only one who thinks it would be hilarious if public access unsigned loader comes out came out before the official gateway hack

Kuifa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, Cubic Ninja seems the way to go since if Gateway doesn't support it you can always do KARL3DS for homebrews.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i just bought a copy of a pal CN from overseas via fleabay and buy it now
but i fucked up the payment by selecting "other" thinking i could go back and change it to paypal after
because im locked out of gaypal accnt because their security questions are shit and it wouldnt let me complete the buy it now without my gaypal password ,so i hit other and now im fucked did i lose the item?
and shit bay is giant cluster fuck of shit and dont let you go back to change payment option then gives no other option to pay when you select other
what should i do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol