Hacking Gateway 3.1 Zelda OoT Compatibility List. Please post

Did Gateway 3.1 work with your copy of Zelda Ocarina of Time?

• Yes

Votes: 133 65.8%
  • No

Votes: 68 33.7%

• Total voters

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Tastyfurr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Firmware: 9.0.0-20E (Ambassador N3DS)
Front: LNA-CTR-AQEP-EUR
Back: AQEP510001
Status: working. Note that it crashes if you press A immediately after the save file loads. If you wait 2-3 seconds the gateway menu loads no problem.

Ordered from amazon 9th June 2011, so preorder for European launch; 17th June 2011

julian20

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
but my EMUNAND XL card is 16gb...how do I use that card instead and keep my saves and play them on my N3DS?

i REALLY don't want to muck with "system transfer"

first you export your saves
(use this guidehttps://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...v-to-eshop-3ds-3dz-with-savedatafiler.380246/)

then you use a new mikro sd and do create a emunand on this(emunand from new 3ds)

then you import your cia saves (use this guidehttps://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...v-to-eshop-3ds-3dz-with-savedatafiler.380246/)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
but my EMUNAND XL card is 16gb...how do I use that card instead and keep my saves and play them on my N3DS?

i REALLY don't want to muck with "system transfer"
He explained how to keep your saves. If you want to use the same card you have to copy everything off it and format emuNAND again before copying the files back on. Make sure you export all your saves using SaveDataFiler first though.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
He explained how to keep your saves. If you want to use the same card you have to copy everything off it and format emuNAND again before copying the files back on. Make sure you export all your saves using SaveDataFiler first though.

ah format Emunand...did not get that part at first..thanks :O

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
this methode only works with New3DS??

i'm trying using my old 3ds just for test... and freezes every time i press A link shows ups inside the tree

3DS firmware - 9.0 / 4.5
Front: LNA-CTR-AQEE-USA
Back: AQEEY10131
Working y/n - No
loads save but freeze when press A

VeryCrushed

Devious Prorammer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i just found out the update was released this morning.... I do have Ocarina of Time, but i didnt see anywhere in this thread where my cart is listed.

Front: LNA-CTR-AQEE-USA
Back: AQEE910221

I can go out and get a powersaves, i just need to know if my cart will work in the first place.

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N3DS firmware 9.0.0-20u
O3DS firmware - 4.5-9.2
OoT - Front: LNA-CTR-AQEE-USA Back: AQEE510220
Working y/n - Gateway save = Corrupted save data, Fixed save from forum loads. Works on N3DS, not on O3DS
Purchased when? - Purchased used 2/14/2013 5:44:23 PM

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
I THINK I MAY HAVE STUMBLED UPON SOMETHING!!!

Like many on here I was frustrated by the exploit not working. On my New 3DS it just froze without even starting to load if I pressed A straight away. If I waited for a few seconds before pressing A then it would start loading the launcher and then freeze with the white screen on the touchscreen.

And then I remembered that for some reason Gateway has problems with fragmented files, so I went to my hard drive on my PC, found the Gateway folder that I unzipped, right clicked it and used Defraggler to defrag that folder. Then deleted the relevant files from my OG 3DS, made a copy of the save on my Ocarina Of Time cart so that it corrupted and deleted both files from there, deleted the launcher.dat from my New 3DS micro-SD card and started again, right from the beginning with defragmented files from my PC to the relevant SD cards.

And now I've tried it twice, waiting a few seconds before pressing A, and it's worked both times.

If you're having problems getting stuck on the white screen then try the steps above! :)

Reactions: Testo90

Disco

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Blue N3DS XL on 9.0E FW
OOT front: LNA-CTR-AQEP-EUR
OOT back: AQEP610001

Works like a charm, I bought the game when it came out, so I was sure it would work ;)
I aslo have Cubic Ninja and I will test it as soon as GW team releases their exploit!

2105224ee83f9cc6c1a5ba7d.jpg

Leslie White

Trophies
XP
Country
France
New 3DS firmware - XL 9.0E
OoT - Front: LNA-CTR-AQEP-EUR Back: AQEP510411
Working y/n - YES
Purchased when? - Today ! A second hand game, bought for 20€ before the prices get nuts !

I will edit this post when I have tried :

damn it hasn't been working for me so far.

1st try : when I select the GW save the N3DS tells me the cartridge has been removed
2nd try : Link is inside the tree hut, I press A et damn the game froze. No GW menu for now
3rd try : OK, I got the GW menu ! Saving my SYSnand :D

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
New 3DS firmware - 9.0.0-20E
Front: LNA-CTR-AQEP-EUR
Back: AQEPX10343
Working - Yes, works everytime
ROM CRC D65A17D9 - This is V1.0

Easy way to tell apart V1.0 from later revisions is by the lack of an e-manual button.
Insert the cartridge and on the home menu look along the bottom screen and on V1.0 it will only say 'Open'. Later revisions will have the word 'Manual' added to the bottom left corner.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.