Hacking Gateway 3.1 Ultra Public Beta Has Arrived (EUR, USA, JPN)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 262,380
  • Replies 1,957
  • Likes 4

nor3x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
finally Restored Everything using

2 MicroSD Cards (16gb)
System Transfer
Title Manager
SaveDataFiler

and deleting a few existing save datas and reinstalling the CIA's (MiiPlaza DLC and Themes)

w00t! time to play Kid Icarus the way it was meant to be played :D

How was it meant to be played? because if you're thinking second stick, it doesn't support that... -_-

densley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah Been experimenting a bit with mine on 1 sd card (16gb) It states GW9.2 which I updated to GW9.5 with no issues then attempted to do it again on my 32gb card but nands stated as being 9.2 without the GW kinda strange but I may do as cearp stated and update in sleep mode I'm just worried sick about updating my sysnand.

One thing though even after backing up all my SD before Formatting the Emunand I lost all my games on the Sysnand I can redownload them again on Emunand via the eshop with no problem but is there anyway to get them back on my sysnand? I know its pointless but annoyed I lost my 75hour Fantasy life save

Click This

Surgite!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it me or is classic mode region free not working?

I put in JP cart into my JP N3DS in classic mode and it shows up, but if I put NA cart in in, no dice.

Edit: Dafuq, pressing select is not bringing up the Gateway rom selection menu up either. Wtf is up?

Slade.AU

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia
Is there a definitive way of telling if you're running EmuNAND or SysNAND ? I have a N3DS XL 9.0.0-2E, using the Zelda Gateway exploit, and that all works fine. I created an EmuNAND on a Sandisk 32Gb ultra mSD and copied the original 4GB contents to it. I usually change the theme on the EmuNAND as a way of telling the two apart, however it's not working at the moment. If I change SysNAND theme to black, boot into GW mode, that theme is black as well. However, I can go into settings and it will say GW3D-xxxxx on the settings menu. Changing the theme back to 'Original' in GW mode and restarting will then revert the SysNAND theme to original.

Could it be the mSD card ? Or am I doing something wrong ? (It all works fine on my 3DS XL, just not the New 3DS XL).

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a definitive way of telling if you're running EmuNAND or SysNAND ? I have a N3DS XL 9.0.0-2E, using the Zelda Gateway exploit, and that all works fine. I created an EmuNAND on a Sandisk 32Gb ultra mSD and copied the original 4GB contents to it. I usually change the theme on the EmuNAND as a way of telling the two apart, however it's not working at the moment. If I change SysNAND theme to black, boot into GW mode, that theme is black as well. However, I can go into settings and it will say GW3D-xxxxx on the settings menu. Changing the theme back to 'Original' in GW mode and restarting will then revert the SysNAND theme to original.

Could it be the mSD card ? Or am I doing something wrong ? (It all works fine on my 3DS XL, just not the New 3DS XL).
You'll want to unlink your sysnand and emunand I think. It's pretty weird that your theme changes both. Mine doesn't and we both have the same setup. Did you 'format emunand' from the gateway menu when you had the 4gb or the 32gb card in?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Is it me or is classic mode region free not working?

I put in JP cart into my JP N3DS in classic mode and it shows up, but if I put NA cart in in, no dice.

Edit: Dafuq, pressing select is not bringing up the Gateway rom selection menu up either. Wtf is up?

search for some other 8.1 n3ds topic, it is all said there, don't worry, you will get it working

densley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Personally I can tell the difference between SysNand and EmuNand Since my sysnand has old internet connections on it and the EmuNand has current so techincally if the 3ds has internet its on Emunand and not system

densley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Personally I can tell the difference between SysNand and EmuNand Since my sysnand has old internet connections on it and the EmuNand has current so technically if the 3ds has internet its on Emunand and not system

You'll want to unlink your sysnand and emunand I think. It's pretty weird that your theme changes both. Mine doesn't and we both have the same setup. Did you 'format emunand' from the gateway menu when you had the 4gb or the 32gb card in?

I never unlinked the original 3DS XL's NAND's. I deliberately left them linked so I could continue on with the system. I'll format the EmuNAND again, and see what happens. I should change the time as well :) That might help me tell them apart.
I haven't touched the 4GB card, it's the same as it was when I first started the system, aside from 2 save files (from running in GW mode) and the launcher.dat file needed to boot the exploit.

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i don't personally unlink, it doesn't matter either way

What does unlinking actually do? Will it stop wifi settings randomly copying from emunand to sysnand from time to time?
I always have different themes on mine so I can easily tell the difference, but the wifi settings still sometimes appear in sysnand, I delete them and then one day they come back.

deliverator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never unlinked the original 3DS XL's NAND's. I deliberately left them linked so I could continue on with the system. I'll format the EmuNAND again, and see what happens. I should change the time as well :) That might help me tell them apart.
I haven't touched the 4GB card, it's the same as it was when I first started the system, aside from 2 save files (from running in GW mode) and the launcher.dat file needed to boot the exploit.

So far as I know, the GW3D 9.0.0-20U or whatever version you are on, will only work on the 4gb microsd when updating emunand.

It's been covered extensively earlier in the thread.

It seems anything besides the 4gb card is having issues. I formatted my 8gb microsd emunand like 5 times and never get it to show gw3d 9.0.0-20u in the setting screen. Not until I reverted back to the 4gb.

Just use the 4 or wait for a fix.

freejak13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just did a system transfer to the new emunand but need instructions for how to upgrade to a larger sd card. Using the 4gb card that came with the system and want to upgrade to a 16gb. Thanks!

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just did a system transfer to the new emunand but need instructions for how to upgrade to a larger sd card. Using the 4gb card that came with the system and want to upgrade to a 16gb. Thanks!

First, make a backup of your 4GB card: http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/

I haven't been able to use the new emunand myself yet, so I don't actually know how it is setup or if you can do it this way.

Assuming it is similar to the old emunand, you should be able to restore your 4GB card's backup to the 16GB card and then use a partition manager to make the data partition take up the rest of the space (extend backwards only, not to the beginning of the drive at all): http://download.cnet.com/MiniTool-Partition-Wizard-Free/3000-2094_4-10962200.html

Reactions: nyder

freejak13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, make a backup of your 4GB card: http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/

I haven't been able to use the new emunand myself yet, so I don't actually know how it is setup or if you can do it this way.

Assuming it is similar to the old emunand, you should be able to restore your 4GB card's backup to the 16GB card and then use a partition manager to make the data partition take up the rest of the space (extend backwards only, not to the beginning of the drive at all): http://download.cnet.com/MiniTool-Partition-Wizard-Free/3000-2094_4-10962200.html

Thanks! Will give this a shot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended