Hacking Gateway 3.1.0 N3DS Known Bugs

the3dsguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just posting some bugs and for others to do the same.
Does anyone have a solution to number 1?

1. Unwrapping cia installed files every time Gateway restarts.
- Fixed by formatting sysnand, remove microSD card before system format

2. 3D does not work in Gateway Mode
- Fixed by putting the 3ds to sleep and turning it back on again.

3. Booting up gateway and being stuck on white or black screen
- Fixed by trying again and again, eventually it will boot up fine.

4. There's a small bug that GW won't appear in all cases in front of your system menu version in emunand. Highly suggest changing themes between sys/emu to differentiate. Did update to Emunand 9.5 though (even without the GW)

5. To add another one to the pile for 8.1.0-0J: Going into system settings in EmuNAND does not show GW3D (like all the others), even with the original 4GB SD card that everyone says it shows with (at least for me).

6. On 8.1.0J, you cannot use the multi-rom menu on sysNAND GW mode, and on 8.1.0J emunand mode (in other words, you have to update the emuNAND to 9.5.0-23 to have the multi-rom menu working).

7. Regionfree does not work in classic mode

Reactions: Margen67

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Just posting some bugs and for others to do the same.
Does anyone have a solution to number 1?

1. Unwrapping cia installed files every time Gateway restarts.

2. 3D does not work in Gateway Mode
- Fixed by putting the 3ds to sleep and turning it back on again.

3. Booting up gateway and being stuck on white or black screen
- Fixed by trying again and again, eventually it will boot up fine.
1- format either emunand or sysnand from system settings to unlink them, this is just because the 2 nands are sharing the same folder in the "nintendo 3DS" folder....formatting either emunand or sysnand will unlink them

2- yeah they arleary mentioned it in the release notes

3- try to wait a second before pressing A once in game......but dont wait to long....say about 1 second and it works fine, but if you wait around say about 5-10 seconds it seems to crash more, and if you hammer A as it loads it seems to crash

Kirbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To fix the unwrapping of the cia files, you need to unlink your sysnand and emunand.

D

Deleted User

There's a small bug that GW won't appear in all cases in front of your system menu version in emunand. Highly suggest changing themes between sys/emu to differentiate. Did update to Emunand 9.5 though (even without the GW)

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
for me, even though I go into emunand, when I press select the multi rom menu does not appear.
that's a bug :)

vingt-2

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
for me, even though I go into emunand, when I press select the multi rom menu does not appear.
that's a bug :)

How comes some systems have bug and some haven't ?
I'm running all fine on both my N3DS XL latest versions.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
ok i fixed it :) -- well not fixed, it seems GW just does not support 8.1 very well, maybe in gw sysnand it was functional, i did not test, i immediately made emunand, but yeah i just had to update, i did it by letting the update download in sleep mode, in the home screen, then updated, and my emunand 9.5 is fine :)

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got the OoT exploit to work, backed up nand, setup emunand but when I boot into GW mode it will show the games when I press select but I can't tell if I am in emunand or not and am afraid to try and upgrade emunand to the latest system.

Any way to determine if I am in emunand?

I tried setting up a dummy wifi but when I shut down and restarted it showed up in real nand.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
so, i am pretty sure you can add to the OP that this beta release does not support 8.1 very well (but no problem, just update)

Got the OoT exploit to work, backed up nand, setup emunand but when I boot into GW mode it will show the games when I press select but I can't tell if I am in emunand or not and am afraid to try and upgrade emunand to the latest system.

Any way to determine if I am in emunand?

I tried setting up a dummy wifi but when I shut down and restarted it showed up in real nand.
very simple, just make some changes on the sysnand home menu, like make the icons the biggest size. then on emunand, the smallest size. this will show you that the nands really are different (if you are worried lol) - i updated in my emunand, i saw no GW text in the version, it went fine :)

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, i am pretty sure you can add to the OP that this beta release does not support 8.1 very well (but no problem, just update)

very simple, just make some changes on the sysnand home menu, like make the icons the biggest size. then on emunand, the smallest size. this will show you that the nands really are different (if you are worried lol) - i updated in my emunand, i saw no GW text in the version, it went fine :)

I changed the theme in emunand and when I shutdown and restarted it appeared in sysnand so I am worried that they are the same and if I do an update it will update sysnand.

I will try the icon method.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I changed the theme in emunand and when I shutdown and restarted it appeared in sysnand so I am worried that they are the same and if I do an update it will update sysnand.

well not really a 'method', but call it what you want ;)
i think the themes data is stored on the sd card (in extdata) so that is why the changes are 'shared' between nands, because the change is not actually in nand.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

As cearp said, theme changes will appear on both NANDs, unless you're using a CIA theme on one which I don't think will appear on the other.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, I have a broken o3ds xl
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Phones worked great for DS emulation with DraStic and a controller that held your phone
    But sadly that's coming to an end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, atleast I think the latest version's apk is archived somewhere
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah it works great but it's the obvious Ds factor you loose from it it's not like playing atari games on atari because Nintendo actually use to give a reason to buy their hardware
    +1
    Honestly Ken I actually have the hardware and it's hacked and works fine, prefer my phone lol
    Microphone is more sensitive, DraStic has a high res mode, screen is way better just overall a better experience
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I just like game consoles how they were intended to play if they have a unique enough reason to buy them anything else yeah just download emulation for it
    Oh and touch screen infinity better lol
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @Xdqwerty It's still on Play Store.
    for free
    Install before they remove it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd like to see a DS emulator that allows casting top screen to TV then use bottom for the touch screen stuff
    +1
    I used a vertical touch 22" monitor for playing some 3DS games through Citra.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Can't be that far off from it not like ds requires super hardware
    @K3Nv2 I did that using Citra for 3DS games. Bottom screen was my smartphone. Until I got the touch screen.
  • SwordShielder @ SwordShielder:
    Use a TV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Citra allows it already?
    Yes.
    Ken I have that sort of set up on Drastic on Pi for games that don't require touch
    Looks nice too
    Any TV with your PC connected with Citra and any smartphone to use as a screen using a free play store app.
    +1
    Gonna look into that when I get home
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Any good 3ds smut titles psi? :creep:
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Any good 3ds smut titles psi? :creep: