Status
Not open for further replies.

tomx86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi, guys like the title says, a mod for GATEWAY to work on 11.14 firmware for both o3ds and n3ds is available to download here:
https://psxtools.de/forum/index.php...-7-0-40e-u-j-original-gateway-card/&pageNo=15
have fun, it works!
here is the tutorial:
!If your console is on a Firmware under version 9.0.0-20E,
then skip step "3b"!
!If your console is on a Firmware over version 11.2.0-35E,
then downgrade it first to 11.2.0-35E!
1: Copy all to SD Card root.
2: Boot into GATEWAY emuNAND.
3: Install sysUpdater v0.4.2.cia.
3b: Start sysUpdater and press Y, wait for it to finnish.
3c: Turn off the console, and Delete the "updates" folder,
rename "updates (update!)" folder to "updates".
3d: Boot into GATEWAY emuNAND, start sysUpdater and press A,
wait for it to finnish.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Two things:

- The link you posted only seems to be for European consoles (E), not any others.
- How is this any different than this, which existed for ages now. It’s just that it’s updated but it’s the same method isn’t it? Which would not make this new.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-gw3d-11-10-b9s-and-cfw.550040/

And if so, it would make the system files installed a frankenfirmware, which I am personally ok with if you know what you are doing, but not recommended at all for normal users

tomx86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Two things:

- The link you posted only seems to be for European consoles (E), not any others.
- How is this any different than this, which existed for ages now. It’s just that it’s updated but it’s the same method isn’t it? Which would not make this new.

And if so, it would make the system files installed a frankenfirmware, which I am personally ok with if you know what you are doing, but not recommended at all for normal users
OMG that method is way better, like you said the solution I found is sadly only for the EUR version, but now I can get gateway work on my 1st new3dsxl that got burned (motherboard) and I only been enable to replace it witch an US one, so thanks:bow:
The only bummer is that the eShop won't work, and it works in the method I found, so maybe ask the creator to make a US and JP versions.

Last edited by tomx86,

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
OMG that method is way better, like you said the solution I found is sadly only for the EUR version, but now I can get gateway work on my 1st new3dsxl that got burned (motherboard) and I only been enable to replace it witch an US one, so thanks:bow:
The only bummer is that the eShop won't work, and it works in the method I found, so maybe ask the creator to make a US and JP versions.
It’s the same method. Eshop not working is result of some files not installed. Either creators can solve this by looking at the other release.

Reactions: fmkid

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, guys like the title says, a mod for GATEWAY to work on 11.14 firmware for both o3ds and n3ds is available to download here:
https://psxtools.de/forum/index.php...-7-0-40e-u-j-original-gateway-card/&pageNo=15
have fun, it works!
here is the tutorial:
!If your console is on a Firmware under version 9.0.0-20E,
then skip step "3b"!
!If your console is on a Firmware over version 11.2.0-35E,
then downgrade it first to 11.2.0-35E!
1: Copy all to SD Card root.
2: Boot into GATEWAY emuNAND.
3: Install sysUpdater v0.4.2.cia.
3b: Start sysUpdater and press Y, wait for it to finnish.
3c: Turn off the console, and Delete the "updates" folder,
rename "updates (update!)" folder to "updates".
3d: Boot into GATEWAY emuNAND, start sysUpdater and press A,
wait for it to finnish.

What? AMAZING, I thought my card was garbage now! :D

Reactions: cvskid and tomx86

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
No it's not, its useful.
It's still obsolete, more trouble than it's worth and nobody should be using it. Jumping through hoops just to keep it working only proves that. Sooner or later one of these frankenfirms bricks your emuNAND as happened to me and then it's easier to just migrate to Luma3DS than jump through even more hoops to get it working again without losing data.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No it's not, its useful.
The only useful part is being able to play .3DS games, otherwise Luma3DS does everything Gateway CFW does and more. There’s still countless features and benefits to Luma3DS that you are never going to see happen with Gateway.

tomx86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The only useful part is being able to play .3DS games, otherwise Luma3DS does everything Gateway CFW does and more. There’s still countless features and benefits to Luma3DS that you are never going to see happen with Gateway.
That's what it's for I know luma is the best, but moving emuNAND to a bigger SD/microSD card, converting .3ds to .cia and install them all then uninstall them when not needed, takes more time and effort, to just copy .3ds after patching them to .3dz files to a microSD card, and just for fun organize them with "FAT sorter", is faster and upgreading to a bigger microSD card is a piece of cake to. I wish someone out there is working on a Switch flash card:bow::yay3ds:
And don't tell me it's too small to fit everything inside, it can stick out from the game card slot for all I care, JUST DO IT!

Last edited by tomx86,
Reactions: cvskid

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That's what it's for I know luma is the best, but moving emuNAND to a bigger SD/microSD card, converting .3ds to .cia and install them all then uninstall them when not needed, takes more time and effort, to just copy .3ds after patching them to .3dz files to a microSD card, and just for fun organize them with "FAT sorter", is faster and upgreading to a bigger microSD card is a piece of cake to. I wish someone out there is working on a Switch flash cart:bow::yay3ds:
Poke some holes this logic, you don’t need an emuNAND with Luma3DS, you are wasting space there and ruining the lifespan your MicroSD card. Transferring stuff over is work but it’s work that’s going to save you time in the future and save your microSD card. Plus, the easy benefit of .3DS ROMs to copy/paste .3DS ROMs has competition
https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-...rd-entirely-on-pc.551496/page-17#post-9359948
Although it’s not the clean cut but it’s still just as fast a method. That all aside, you are just keeping yourself outdated for one benefit. You only have more to gain through switching than you do to lose.

tomx86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Poke some holes this logic, you don’t need an emuNAND with Luma3DS, you are wasting space there and ruining the lifespan your MicroSD card. Transferring stuff over is work but it’s work that’s going to save you time in the future and save your microSD card. Plus, the easy benefit of .3DS ROMs to copy/paste .3DS ROMs has competition
https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-...rd-entirely-on-pc.551496/page-17#post-9359948
Although it’s not the clean cut but it’s still just as fast a method. That all aside, you are just keeping yourself outdated for one benefit. You only have more to gain through switching than you do to lose.
Yes but it's still takes longer then a "outdated" flash card, I'm not saying CFW is worst heck GATEWAY needs one to run the SELECT menu, I'm saying a flash card + CFW is the best solution for starting to play a new game, and removing an old one faster, an there can be a option to download games directly to the card, for more confidence, that is my opinion.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
interestingly, I seem to have lost my red card, but I have the blue card in that club Nintendo game holder.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just found my card. it's still in my o3ds. I'm on 11.3 though, and it's on a9lh. my n3ds is completely updated. :D

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Two things:

I was about to point this out.
Let's just go to this thread instead people, no need to have a duplicate.

Reactions: Madridi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup