gamma v0.3 w/ 002 fix giving me 002 error

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by DiabolicalKid, Dec 30, 2009.

Dec 30, 2009
  1. DiabolicalKid
    OP

Newcomer DiabolicalKid Member

United States
    just tried 2 copies of silent hill SM and both gave me 002 error, i dont think im missing anything because i just used the 4.2 safe updater. what could be wrong?

2. Szalkow

Member Szalkow RawkSD Cheerleader

United States
    Oh god, are people still using Backup Launcher v0.3 Gamma? Seriously?? Try NeoGamma and/or any of the USB Loaders, it should work fine with either.

3. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    its that cios has changed the way it handles 002 errors, so gamma 0.3 doesn't know this and handles it the same way and poof, 002 error. neogamma is updated and can handle it, or like mentioned above, use USB

4. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Nope. He is using the Gamma with 002 fix(i made...) which uses the same 002 code as the cIOS versions that handle the 002 error. Since the 002 error got updated and can't be fixed anymore with that code(either doesn't work like this here, or green screen freeeze), you need to fix the 002 error in a proper way. This is achieved by using the correct IOS(not an option in most cases...) or faking the info which IOS is loaded in memory(what all recent loaders do, including NeoGamma and SoftChip).