Gaming Gaming laptop?

TrogdorTheBurnze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I was wondering which gaming laptop should I buy? Price isn't really that big of a deal. Also, I want one that can be upgraded. This laptop has to be able to play games like Left 4 Dead, Devil May Cry 4, etc.

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sadly Laptops age very quickly so the money you spend now means that you wont be able to run games that are new and have some form of upgraded engine will not perform as well as what you were used to this can be quite fast like within a year.

And if you are going to buy a laptop be sure to buy 3 year warrenty on top(manufacteror). Some or most of them will break down and the costs of a 3 year warrenty is cheaper then repairs of most of the components seperatly.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Another thing, you state you want it upgradeable. The fact that you do not know which laptop is upgradeable makes me thing you do not have the knowlidge to upgrade it later on. No offence, most of it isn't that hard if you know what you are doing (replacing an MXM vid card and the CPU) but if you don't then you're screwed as you'll likely kill your laptop
smile.gif
. Also getting the parts to upgrade the laptop are probably going to be pretty expensive thus not really worth the trouble.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tips for buying laptop for gaming

1) Huge hard drive you will need it for installing anything good!
2) Good screen size/resolution/Anti Glare if you wish to use it outside at anytime!
3) Huge amount of ram 1gb simply aint enough for anything other than word processing (get at least 3gb!)
4) Internal dedicated GRAPHICS CHIP/PROCESSOR (onboard sucks and also sucks your system ram)
5) Some kinda cooling stand/base .....Laptops overheat very fast gaming! (make sure you can plug it in to mains as well as USB when your at home etc you can save laptop battery)
6)Fastest Processor with as many cores you can get the extra processing power is worth it!
7) Dedicated Accurate Wired Optical Mouse (Wired have a faster more reliable response time!)

8) HUGE BANK BALANCE good gaming laptops DO NOT COME CHEAP!

Final Tip ...

DONT FOR FLIP SAKE EVER GET A MOBILE SIM CARD BASED USB 3G TYPE DONGLE for your access!!!

THEY SUCK!

(They are VERY POPULAR in the UK at the minute with offers of a FREE# LAPTOP when you sign up to an 18 MONTH CONTRACT and then find out its £30 ($42) a month for 18 months for a crappy Dial up connection speed with crappy 1gb a month traffic limitation! charged extra per mb over this limit remember everything you do uses this limit watching youtube/videos and even antivirus updates etc use this limit!)

# Do the maths its not a free laptop when you pay £540 for a laptop that's an 80gb drive and 1gb ram that retail for around £200!

(Yes I like using CAPS LOCK for emphasis it makes a noticable point!)

[/Rant Off!]

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boutique vendors for the win, and the wallet pain

they will game, and they will game hard, but you will have to give an arm and a leg

alienware is actually one of the cheaper brands, as they've been purchased by dell. also falcon northwest and widow PC among a couple others. ibuypower might have some cheap gaming lappies, i don't look at their stuff often.

also the dell XPS line wouldn't do too bad either, but they're gaudy. same with gateway's laptop. HP might have some attractive looking options for a gaming laptop.

basically, any big brand makes them. you just have to want to pay for them.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
meh DELL SUCKS they charge you EXTRA+VAT for the privilege of a different color even though you have spent crap loads on it in the first place!

cocomonk22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember, by the time you find one you like and make the purchase, it will already be outdated.
smile.gif

Check the recommended system requirements for games you want to play, as you've only mentioned games already released.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1