Gaming Lagoon and the like?

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by BORTZ, Oct 4, 2008.

Oct 4, 2008

Gaming Lagoon and the like? by BORTZ at 5:40 AM (2,178 Views / 0 Likes) 18 replies

1. BORTZ
    OP

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Ive seen a few sites in sigs and such, like the sites that people click and you get money? something along those lines. I think ive seen Gaming Lagoon as one. i need a little cash on the side and im having trouble finding a steady job for larger expenses. I dont really need a job now, but im in college and a little cash flow on the side for my gaming sweet tooth. Can someone explain how they work and what sites are legit? it would be greatly appreciated.

2. ubersk8kid

Newcomer ubersk8kid Advanced Member

Canada
    use prizerebel (sign up using my link) [​IMG]
    Its very easy
    Do offers (surveys, sign up for magazines, enter contests and such with cell phone (they text you a serial number) and some other stuff to sign up for, sometimes free trials for stuff like online game rentals)
    Wait a bit for them to be "Approved"
    Then you get "points"
    Use them to get whatever your heart desires [​IMG]

You have to use real info for all things though, they know because you have to use your real address and stuff to get your prize sent to you. Even on the offers, use REAL INFO

After you signed up, refer others (as I am doing to you) and you get some of their points. I get 20% of what you make in points. I got a referal thats got me 40 points (That mean he had got himself 200 points!)

Any other questions feel free to PM me [​IMG]

3. BORTZ
    OP

United States
    So you said "sign up for magazines". now i understand thats just one way, but doesnt that cost money?
    the other stuff is free right?

4. ubersk8kid

Canada
    Yes "some" stuff costs mopney to sign up for, BUT that means more points

FOR EXAMPLE: the magazines cost $5 to sign up for, you'll get 10 POINTS for signing up for them. (so basically you "made" $5

Each Point is an equivalent to $1 USD

Usually everything is free, but the stuff you have to pay for you get a lot more points, but only do them if your desperate.

If you want quick easy points, refer people. They will get you easy points.

I have made 1.4 points for myself and got 48.75 points from referrals. (Im waiting for 55 points so I can get a wii guitar [​IMG] ) Just put up sign up links in your sig like everyone else (and on other forums) and you'll get some random people to sign up.

BY THE WAY - Sign up with a different email then the one you usually use! You'll get junk email from the sites that you sign up for. LOTS if you sign up for a lot of stuff. EG. bortzjunk@hotmail or something like that, but you have to remember it [​IMG]

Forgot to mention: if you dont see a prize that you like on the PRIZES page, you can order form sites like amazon and ebay but you have to pay for S&H. You pay everything with points eg. wii wheel $15, $2.50 S$H that item costs 17.50 points to get

5. BORTZ
    OP

United States
    ok i clicked on the link and signed up but where do i say you reffered me?

6. MasterPenguin

Member MasterPenguin GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    You don't. When you sign up, it will already have him as referred. Prizerebel is a very good site, I've gotten a few things off it. :]

*Edit*, It'll have him referred if you signed up using the link in his sig.

7. BORTZ
    OP

United States
    ok im looking through alot of these offers and alot of them are asking for, like you said, real info like my address and stuff. so what so i do? are they going to start spamming my post box? not that i really care, im just wondering.

8. EmperorOfCanada

Member EmperorOfCanada GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Yeah.. doing a hundred surveys or something for a free game doesnt sound too bad but so far Im not impressed with Lagoon. for every survey there is 100 other offers you have to pay for.. and none of it is easy. I dont even know if its working. Bogus [​IMG]

9. BORTZ
    OP

United States
    well im using rebelprize. so i was kinda asking Ubersk8kid.

btw I HAVE .4 Points! YA!

10. ubersk8kid

Canada
    You have to use real info, I myself haven't gotten anything else in my mail box (except prizes [​IMG] )
    You have to say your real phone number, and address and stuff.
    What has happened to me is, I've gotten some tele marketers calling for ME specificly, (I just hang up) it has stopped tough.
    it only happened about 5 times, but I've only signed up for about 4 things, so it is possible that you might get a lot if you do a lot of offers.

Can anyone else expand on this that has used prizerebel a lot and done a lot of offers?

FORGOT TO MENTION ON OTHER POSTS:
    Dont sign up for both GL and PR. Some offers go to the same site, and if you've already done it for gaminglagoon, you cant sign up again to get prizerebel points. Even if you use a different email account, you still have to say where you live and telephone number and the site wont allow you to sign up twice.

technically, you could sign up for both and only do offers on Prize rebel instead of gaming lagoon and only refer people to gaming lagoon, and therefore just get referral points on gaming lagoon and wait for them to add up before you get a prize, or vise versa.

Kinda what I do....

11. BORTZ
    OP

United States
    ok well i think ill just stick to PrizeRebel. So what ads do you usually go for? any suggestions?

oh ya and can i get people to sign up form somewhere like facebook, with the url in my sig? and is that even the referal link?

sorry in asking so many questions haha this is just new to me.

12. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    This site isn't here for you to make money with posting links on it or with advertising signatures [​IMG]

13. BORTZ
    OP

United States
    Hmmm disapproval much?
    Did i originally post this in the Testing Area? i didnt realize that.

14. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    You didn't, but this crap doesn't deserve a place in any other sub forum.
    We have threads like this every 3 days.

15. BORTZ
    OP

United States
    sorry i meant to, and then i saw it wasnt there, and forgot to ask to have it moved.

16. ubersk8kid

Canada

17. The Worst

Banned The Worst Banned

United States
    Testing Area doesn't want this thread either.

please move to blogs.

18. VIDEOgame*MaNiAc

Newcomer VIDEOgame*MaNiAc Newbie

United States
    prizerebl rules, i got like a lot of expensive cases and earphones, on my way in getting a ipod.

19. updowners

Member updowners lurklurklurk

Australia
    Don't press the link above.

I've reported it now.