Gaming IS Good for You

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you ever hear the old argument that gaming is a destructive force for evil, with no benefits whatsoever, feel free to use this.

120322Gaming.jpg
Source: Frugal Dad

Reactions: 3 people

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I didn't even bother to read the tl;dr infographic, but it's obvious that gaming (in moderation) is good for you

They....

Improve your hand-eye coordination
help promote literacy
improve critical thinking skills

and that's just off the top of my head...

Reactions: 3 people

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems legit. I agree that in moderation it can help for the reasons that TwinRetro stated. Interesting about the Tetris findings though

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The references, and knowledge you get from gaming is really astounding.

Asura's Wrath has a lot of references to Gods.~
Aegis is Greek meaning shield. (Persona 3. Protects the main character.)
999: That thermometer question was on a test just a few days after I played it. Got it right, and it's now stored in my memory.

There's a ton more, but if you look behind the games it's really interesting to find out the little bits of information stored inside games. (Before I typically just played them, and enjoyed them. I pursued the game no further after I finish it, but now I take the time to. In order to better understand it.)

It's been comment that my hand-eye coordination is pretty good. Simple things like someone's pencil falling off the table, or dropping a piece of paper and me catching it on the spot gets noticed sometimes. I'm betting it's the reaction time in video games, that allows me to do so.

EDIT: And in Call Of Duty: Black Ops, I've learned a lot about the Vietnam war and such. Their tactics, and such. We're starting to cover Kennedy's era, and it's nice to know a bit about "Nuke Town", and the like.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It's been comment that my hand-eye coordination is pretty good. Simple things like someone's pencil falling off the table, or dropping a piece of paper and me catching it on the spot gets noticed sometimes. I'm betting it's the reaction time in video games, that allows me to do so.
Ever since I've started playing games like Jam with the Band or Taiko no Tatsujin, I've been told I have a really good ear for melody and rhythm. I've NEVER been told that before I started playing music games. Never!

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1