Gaming guilty pleasures, what are yours?

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 2,732
  • Replies 32
D

Deleted_171835

OP
Like the title says, what are your gaming guilty pleasures?

If I had to list mine, well...

Just Dance: I hate to admit it but I actually enjoy the games. There is something enjoyable about grooving to the music with a Wiimote or whatever controller. Obviously I pirate all the games as I wouldn't be caught dead walking into a store and buying them. Does this mean I'm a casual gamer?!

Angry Birds: While it's certainly not a game I'll play on a regular basis, I do enjoy playing it occasionally when I don't have any other games available. And hey GBAtemp, if some of the more open-minded folks here give Angry Birds: Space a try, I'm sure you won't find it that bad. I guess.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dynasty Warriors and other Warriors games for sure.

I just find them really fun despite being incredibly samey and repetitive. I'll easily sit through hours upon hours of a Warriors game, mindlessly beating hordes of cannon fodder to death and I'll enjoy it.

I'll also put the God of War-esque games as guilty pleasures. It's nice to have a good goregasm. Having a sense of omnipotence and power is incredibly satisfying and it does give you some stress relief to be able to dismember giant monsters and hundreds of their minions with ease.

Maybe games like Fruit Ninja too. I really don't see why anyone would hate them, they're simple games that have some great replay value and have a very "arcadey" feel that a lot of games lack these days.

LeonardoFM

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I present you guys:

The King of Fighters 98 - Neogeo

The best title of all the KOF series. Maybe KOF 98UM is even better but i'm not sure.

I play this game almost everyday since forever.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
I am addicted to Tower Defense especially Defense Grid the Awakening, i keep going back to it attempting to beat every map with a perfect record.

Reactions: 2 people

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am addicted to Tower Defense especially Defense Grid the Awakening, i keep going back to it attempting to beat every map with a perfect record.

Oh god this shit is like crack. Just wish they made more of them on portables. Last one I really enjoyed on a portable was Fieldrunners. Wish some of the newer TD games were on handhelds though. It's just a game I prefer to play on-the-go and have it be pick-up-and-play, it's nothing I can really sit down and dedicate to for hours.

LeonardoFM

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey eyes, there are some really nice TD on the DS... Plants vs Zombies being the best of them

I have it on DS and Steam, i can't get enough of the genre
What puzzle game would you recommend me for DS? I know the Professor Layton games but they're way too slow paced,i want something more dinamic!

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Hey eyes, there are some really nice TD on the DS... Plants vs Zombies being the best of them

What puzzle game would you recommend me for DS? I know the Professor Layton games but they're way too slow paced,i want something more dinamic!

Might and Magic Clash of Heroes i found very good, a sorta strategic puzzler

Reactions: 1 person

LeonardoFM

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Might and Magic Clash of Heroes i found very good, a sorta strategic puzzler
Alright, thank you... I'm gonna try it then.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The Wiimote is my guilty pleasure.

Everybody's bi*ching how the controller is unresponsive - I don't see that when playing at all. It's the only controller so-far that allowed me to sit on the couch with my arms resting on it doing barely anything at all and still "playing a game" - props for that Nintendo. Your innovation worked in the exactly oposite way than you imagined. :P

Reactions: 3 people

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DDR: I'd never play this one unless anyone except my girlfriend was around. I look like an idiot stomping around trying to get a good score >.>

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
@LeonardoF nps....it's very good which i'm sure you will enjoy, also give Picross 3D a try if you haven't already.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@LeonardoF nps....it's very good which i'm sure you will enjoy, also give Picross 3D a try if you haven't already.

God I hate Picross 3D. Not because it's bad, it's just way too addictive.

I would play it to the point where my hand would fall asleep because it couldn't get enough blood flow. Really addictive and there's something so satisfying about the smashing sound of that block.

I can't say I like normal Picross anywhere near as much.

Reactions: 3 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.