Hardware Gaming gpus around $250?

Small Kat

PC addict
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ima get some graduation money around march 2017, and i want to upgrade my pc.
I want to know whats the best gpu for around 250.
And i perfer Nvidia, but im open to AMD, if its better for the price.

Games i want to focus on:
Mirrors edge catlyse
BF1
And others...

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I dont have that gpu, but i read many positive opinions on other websites. Not to forget, with the driver updates now the rx 480 reached nvidia 1060 6gb on some games dx11.
For dx12 rx 480 is doing great, better than nvidia. Watch some benchmark and see which one you'd like to buy.

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I dont have that gpu, but i read many positive opinions on other websites. Not to forget, with the driver updates now the rx 480 reached nvidia 1060 6gb on some games dx11.
For dx12 rx 480 is doing great, better than nvidia. Watch some benchmark and see which one you'd like to buy.

I have Both and GTX 1060 is better
Its better than rx 480 on dx11 games (a 10-20fps of difference)
Its better than rx 480 on dx12 games (a 5-10 fps of difference)
Also the gtx 1060 6GB is at the same price of the rx 480

Also the drivers on nvdia is better, you have also shadow play(a game recorder that use nvidia api) you get 0fps of losing in recording

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Also the drivers on nvdia is better, you have also shadow play(a game recorder that use nvidia api) you get 0fps of losing in recording

AMD has relive. Same thing as shadowplay, built right into the drivers.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Before I join the others in contemplating specs and the accuracy of benchmarks I will have to ask where do you sit on second hand gear? Personally I would touch one unless it was something nice going for £50 (about the price of a charting game) but if you are prepared then various graphics card prices drop like a stone on the second hand market and could make your money, or some smaller fraction of it, go much further.

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Not gonna say you're lying, since you have both of them ok. But i saw the recent review, example on battlefield 1 ultra settings the 1060 beats rx 480 by just 4 fps. For now only gta v 1060 beats 480 10 fps difference.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Before I join the others in contemplating specs and the accuracy of benchmarks I will have to ask where do you sit on second hand gear? Personally I would touch one unless it was something nice going for £50 (about the price of a charting game) but if you are prepared then various graphics card prices drop like a stone on the second hand market and could make your money, or some smaller fraction of it, go much further.

2nd hand stuff is not too much a risk now, if you go with the right brands. EVGA have a fully transferable warranty for example. Some of the others (can't remember which right now), will go by serial only if you don't have the original receipt (I think MSI and Gigabyte) but can't remember.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another question. (Sorry)
But can i use AMD and Nvidia gpus in the same motherboard, at the same time?
Eh... Ish. You won't be able to use them together to game, other than with the... what. three? games that support PhysX. You'd have to right-click on the game before you launch it and choose which GPU you want to run it with

Reactions: RaMon90

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
2nd hand stuff is not too much a risk now, if you go with the right brands. EVGA have a fully transferable warranty for example. Some of the others (can't remember which right now), will go by serial only if you don't have the original receipt (I think MSI and Gigabyte) but can't remember.
Though that is nice I was more worried about the kiddies overclocking the thing, basically running it into the ground and then chucking it on ebay before it really kicks the bucket.

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Another question. (Sorry)
But can i use AMD and Nvidia gpus in the same motherboard, at the same time?
What is your gpu that you have now? To get both gpu performance you need the same model and brand. Its called sli for nvidia and crossfire amd. Some nvidia latest gpu like 1060 isnt sli supported or the 1080 limited to 2 only.

Small Kat

PC addict
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is your gpu that you have now? To get both gpu performance you need the same model and brand. Its called sli for nvidia and crossfire amd. Some nvidia latest gpu like 1060 isnt sli supported or the 1080 limited to 2 only.
Nvidia GTX 760 1.5GB

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it