Gaming chairs

BlazeMasterBM

I Eat Garlics
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, in case anyone was wondering where I post/game from..........

mygamingchair.PNG

here it is. A plastic folding chair with a couple jackets thrown over the top of it. Is it comfortable ? Somewhat. I've been meaning to get an actual gaming chair at some point.

What if it turns out like that trope where a character buys a new couch/mattress but they just miss the feel of their old crappy one ? .................................. NAAAHHH I'll be glad to give this thing the boot.

Reactions: AncientBoi

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The seats never feel as padded. I’m really picky though, and I like to sit cross legged or curled up in a chair. So I’m an odd one out I assume.

(Nobel is in the ~500 range iirc, the $1,000 chair was LFGaming)
I sometimes sit in my gaming chair (seconds as a computer chair) with one leg underneath me, or I do what you do, but I'm in the crouch position. I think it might be a nervous or frustrated response, if I'm trying to figure something out with the computer. as everyone probably knows, computer issues are some of the most frustrating things to deal with.

Reactions: Chary

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For long periods of time an office/gaming chair is ideal and if you try to be a cheapskate, that'll eventually backfire as it'll break before you know.

Value your health, back, and hands.

I read ergonomic keyboards are very good and comfortable:

61MVUQW5cVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I've got a trackball mouse and that honestly feels better than a standard mouse.

logitech_trackman_marble_mouse_from_lundia_york.jpg

Most people won't know about it nor use this as it's typically more for businesses and offices.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Gaming chairs are fucking stupid.
Please, just get yourself a good sturdy office chair, those people sit in those chairs for 8h a day, they're made for long sessions.

Source: I'm an office worker.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please, just get yourself a good sturdy office chair, those people sit in those chairs for 8h a day, they're made for long sessions.

Source: I'm an office worker.
These days products are rebranded and remarketed as it's "cool" to call it "gamer" or "pro".

I still find it weird that PS4 Pro is called Pro, like, how is it for Professionals? Or Windows operating systems "Pro" even though they're for commercial use than professional use.

The word 'Pro' has lost its value.

City

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You know what I would like to see in a “gaming” chair? A removable, built-in power bank to charge your controllers without wires going through the room like you’re ready to hang your wet clothes and a small keypad with hotkeys to control things like the volume or a “freeze” button that never seems to be a priority for anybody. But no, they have weird designs and RGB. Because I really want to be bombarded with rainbow lights when playing games. Spoiler alert: unless I’m playing Robot Unicorn Attack, I don’t.

Another kickass feature for a gaming chair would be a built-in wooden table to keep your arcade joystick. Those big ones people usually pick for fighting games.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

This.

Gaming chairs are form over function, they try to be cool and futuristic and all that but they end up being uncomfortable one-size-fits-nobody garbage.

And those "race car" style chairs are even worse. The whole point of a racing seat is not to be comfortable, it's to hold you firmly in place so you don't fall out when pulling tight turns. They are horrible for prolonged use.

A quality office chair is cheaper, more comfortable, usually more adjustable, and actually made to hold you for extended periods of time.

Or a comfy couch or armchair is good too.

Reactions: CoolMe and Marc_LFD

CrossOut

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Honestly gaming chairs are a grift. they are far to overpriced for what they are. Just get a nice office chair that has back support and a soft seat and you are good to go.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of gaming chairs, I'm right at the cusp of how many lbs mine will hold. I'm currently at 275lbs, but I don't look that big.

pojes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, lately, I've been doing a lot of stuff on my PC with my Logitech G915 and the Logitech G900-whatever mouse that both outperform any other device in the wireless department that makes them great for PC gaming and work on a HTPC setup like what I'm rocking here. The only thing that's not quite "premium" about this arrangement...is my chair. It's comfortable to be sure, but there's times where I want to lean back like today due to me being tired and just wanting to get some shut eye without actually lying down and risk getting indigestion after eating/drinking something my stomach might have trouble with. And I'm trying to break free of the habit of drinking stuff like Mountain Dew to keep me awake on days where it's like I get some sleep, but not all of the sleep I need, you know?

Thing is, with chairs, you have to really sit in them and try them out to have an opinion of them. Not every chair is made for everyone, and when it comes to the DXRacer chairs (the ones with the head pillows on them), I just find myself wondering if they're all they're made out to be, as there's also the chairs made by Maxonomic. I'm sort of wondering if anyone has an opinion on these, and where the best place to be to try them out at.
Hi,

I'm in need of replacing my current gaming chair and was wondering if any of you guys can recommend me an office or gaming chair for home usage, preferably below £300?

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night