Homebrew Emulation GameYob, a gameboy emulator for DS

Clarkey1118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so new question. Is there any way to edit what folder the emulator saves to. I want to be able to use this with VBAGX so I can plug in a microsd adapter and use the Wii like a gameboy player. I have all the GB and GBC roms in the TempGBA/GAMES/ folder with my GBA roms. I want to have it set up where it saves to TempGBA/SAVES/ so I don't have to change it on VBAGX everytime I want to go from playing a GBA game to playing a GB/C game.

days

Trophies
XP
Country
i tried this on my EDGE and only got white screen
so im wondering if this emulator support an EDGE flashcart?

kinooshi_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't found an answer to this but it's worth asking. I got a 2ds that came with 6.0.0.12u. I bought cubic ninja and tried to use ninjahax to run gameyob. I put the roms in root of my sd card and even put then in other places from tutorials I seen. When i load a rom up, I just get a blinking white screen no matter what. Am I doing something wrong?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
does anyone still have the dstwo plugin for gameyob?
the wiki links on this site give me a 7zip file that neither 7zip or winrar will not extract(cannot open archive)
I believe I downloaded the plugin for one of the other Gameboy emulators and simply edited the ini file.

Gyron_Oldvic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I saw that the last code have single screen option, but the emulator is crasher....

How can I inject the option single screen in the code 0.5 or inject in the last code the emulation main from 0.5v?

Single screen mode works fine in the latest build (v0.5-12-g73c3) here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/100702766/gameyob/gameyob.nds

First change 'Single Screen' to 'On', then make sure 'Game Screen' is set to 'Bottom'. Now press 'L' to get to the 'Settings' screen and select 'Save Settings'. I've just tested it, and it works fine.

j2k15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I tried v0.5 on my DSOnei (DS FAT).
The homebrew did not start. Is it because the homebrew is for 3ds only ? Or I'm doing something wrong.

gse313

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok... so I have my first FlashCart, a DSTWO Plus. I have gotten Gameyob working with the card without Homebrew, but I am having an issue with redirecting to a new default directory for the ROM files. Has anyone had any luck with this?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok... so I have my first FlashCart, a DSTWO Plus. I have gotten Gameyob working with the card without Homebrew, but I am having an issue with redirecting to a new default directory for the ROM files. Has anyone had any luck with this?
Um Gameyob is homebrew lol

falconcrest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i too am having trouble getting the emu to go straight into my gbc rom folder...

TheHat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hiya fellas,
Having an issue with GameYob reading a .sav file. I had been playing Pokemon Blue in GameYob, and copied off the .sav to bgb so I could do a link trade with another emulator instance. Saved the game & wrote the .sav back to the SD card, but when I go to load it, it doesn't have a 'Continue' option. I've tried loading that save with both Gambatte on PC & LameBoy on the DS & they both work fine. Tried toggling off autosaving in GameYob, but that apparently didn't do anything. Anything else I should try? Thinking a reformat is the next step, but not sure if I should do anything else first.

TheHat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I reformatted with the SD card formatter, downloaded a fresh copy of the M3 Sakura firmware, and installed. GameYob still doesn't pick up that save file, but the plot thickens - it picks up a Pokemon Yellow save file created with the BGB emulator just fine. Also, I figured out how to have it print debug messages to console, and it just says 'Save 3 sectors found' on that Blue save file. Is that an issue, you think?

Clarkey1118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hiya fellas,
Having an issue with GameYob reading a .sav file. I had been playing Pokemon Blue in GameYob, and copied off the .sav to bgb so I could do a link trade with another emulator instance. Saved the game & wrote the .sav back to the SD card, but when I go to load it, it doesn't have a 'Continue' option. I've tried loading that save with both Gambatte on PC & LameBoy on the DS & they both work fine. Tried toggling off autosaving in GameYob, but that apparently didn't do anything. Anything else I should try? Thinking a reformat is the next step, but not sure if I should do anything else first.
I had that same issue when trying to play with my Pokemon save on vbagx for the wii. Unfortunately the only solution I think is reverting to an older version of gameyob. That's what I did and now I'm able to switch between emulators.

TheHat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had that same issue when trying to play with my Pokemon save on vbagx for the wii. Unfortunately the only solution I think is reverting to an older version of gameyob. That's what I did and now I'm able to switch between emulators.
Thanks for the reply, Clarkey1118! I was able to figure out a workaround - I downloaded gameyob 0.4.1, loaded the save there, saved the state, then, since 0.4.1 save states are apparently forward compatible with 0.5, loaded the state with 0.5 so I'm able to use it with the latest version.

tetradog

Trophies
XP
Country
Good job, it's very complete.

it's possible take a screenshot in the next features? I think that can be fine.

[sorry my bad english]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1