Homebrew Emulation GameYob, a gameboy emulator for DS

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really loving this so far. The B/Y option and the GBC bios suppport really make a difference from lameboy. Just a couple of nitpicks regarding this last feature: is it normal that the bios only functions if you boot first a gbc title? I mean, in order to get coloured palettes in Metroid II, for example, I need to boot first a gbc title like Donkey Kong Country.

And now a question: will it be possible to support lameboy save states? They are unique in the way that use a rare file type, so I dunno if they use something special.

Congratulations for the nice work. Reading through the thread, I see you've been bombarded with questions and bug reports which only demonstrate the attention this proyect has gathered, and if in the future we'll see stuff like auto-saving, scaling, and better compatibility... I can only say that this will be awesome.
The bios always seems to work for me, I tried loading Metroid first and it worked just fine. (By the way I fixed the "bloop" in the bios which didn't always work.) As for save states, as far as I know every emulator uses its own format. Even different versions of emulators sometimes break compatibility with old savestates. There's really no way I could determine the format lameboy uses without documentation or source code. Even if available, it's far more trouble than it's worth.
Does it only list some sort of known roms?

I Tried to play the Beta Unreleased Resident Evil for GBC but it doesn't even show up
It should list all .gbc, .gb, .sgb, and .cgb files in the directory. Anything I missed? And speaking of resident evil, the text in Resident Evil Gaiden works now.

EDIT: It's capitalized, that's why it doesn't see it! I'll need to fix that.

EDIT: Done.

Reactions: Geren

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It should list all .gbc, .gb, .sgb, and .cgb files in the directory. Anything I missed? And speaking of resident evil, the text in Resident Evil Gaiden works now.

EDIT: It's capitalized, that's why it doesn't see it! I'll need to fix that.

EDIT: Done.

Oh in this case its not Resi Evil Gaiden its A Beta of an abandoned port of resi evil 1 to GBC by capcom :P

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There were previously some issues with sleep mode causing random crashes. I couldn't find a very elegant way to deal with it, so when it's about to sleep arm7 signals arm9 to disable sound emulation and open the console. When exiting sleep sound is re-enabled and the console closed again. It seems to have stopped the crashes. Please let me know if sleep-mode crashes still aren't fixed as of v0.1.2-18.

Foxhounder

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I got one because they were going cheap ($80 USD) and the 6.60 hack/downgrade just came out so I have it on 6.20 Pro-C.
Saw an ad on craigslist for a Go, don't see why people prefer those. I'm getting two psp 3000s for my wii soon because I miss playing all those rpgs I had on there lol

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Saw an ad on craigslist for a Go, don't see why people prefer those. I'm getting two psp 3000s for my wii soon because I miss playing all those rpgs I had on there lol

Well it is more portable and comes with 16GB built in. The lack of a UMD drive doesn't really matter if you fly the jolly roger either (and yes, Crisis Core and Birth By Sleep work perfectly). Not to mention it's the only PSP that has official save state support for native PSP games (there is an option to prevent the suspend save from being deleted in CFW).

Reactions: Boriar and Rydian

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well it is more portable and comes with 16GB built in. The lack of a UMD drive doesn't really matter if you fly the jolly roger either (and yes, Crisis Core and Birth By Sleep work perfectly). Not to mention it's the only PSP that has official save state support for native PSP games (there is an option to prevent the suspend save from being deleted in CFW).

I'm not always on the ol' Jolly Roger so the UMD Drive does matter to me :P

also because I cannot resist it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s