1. Orionintheforest

Newcomer

United States
    Hello, I am new to the Homebrew community. And i was wondering if the cable trading can work on 3ds.
    and if so, can it work with Pokemon Red and Blue?

2. Drenn

OP Drenn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    [​IMG]

GameYob v0.5.2 changelog:

Version 0.5.2

- Updated to DevkitARM r46 for better DSi support.
    - Added an installable CIA file to run as DSiWare.
    - Certain 3DS-side launchers such as TWLoader now work again.
    - Added "touch" as a configurable button.
    - When running as a CIA on the New 3DS, the "touch" input gets spammed for no reason.
    It can now be disabled as a workaround.

This is mostly to make running in DSi mode more convenient by providing a cia file (as dsiware)... because I still use this over GameYob 3DS. Don't tell Steve

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I should probably just remove all advertisement of link cable emulation, because it hardly works at all in the public releases. If you're using GameYob DS, though, you should be able to try using it.

Last edited by Drenn, Feb 5, 2017
    Zense, SLiV3R, zfreeman and 5 others like this.
  3. yaketyJack

yaketyJack Member
    Newcomer

Puerto Rico

Oooooh yeaaaah, thanks for the update! Dsiware app is a great idea! I just gotta figure out how to hack my DSi...

And there must be a reason you use the DS version over the 3DS...it's just better, right??

4. angelhp

angelhp GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Good work, and thanks for new update.
    But not run in twloader ... Now
    Run perfectly in dstwo!!

5. puszcza

puszcza Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    After accident with Lameboy - I thinked I lost 15h Pokemons save - I get back to your emu. You did great work, I hope that I will not lost anything : )
    Maybe you will consider adding green-filter for GB Classic games? Its only feture I really miss form Lameboy. It gives retro feeling even on NDSL : )

6. Mr Objection

Mr Objection GBAtemp Fan

Argentina
    Can I use the dsi support in my dsi with an r4?

7. ajfoucault

ajfoucault Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I am using GameYob with my New 3DS XL and The Legend Of Zelda - Link's Awakening [Rev B] does not work properly, what could it be?

I think it may have something to do with the feature of automatically colorizing games by using the GBC bios, because the game boots and loads with a red hue. So I tried deleting the GBC bios to see if that would work, but nothing.

Last edited by ajfoucault, Feb 25, 2017
  8. Peace4

Peace4 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi I this is "peace". I made some of the borders for GameYob. I had an idea and was wondering if you were still able to update this program. I was wondering if there was a way to make it so when you choose a game, that by selecting a game a specific border came up that the user preferred. If I could link a game to a border basically. So when I want to play Donkey Kong Land I could link a specific (maybe Donkey Kong border) that would appear. Some customization by the user. I thought that might be a cool idea. Thanks for the program either way! ---Peace

9. Newcomer

Newcomer Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Is it possible to run the original Gameboy bios?

10. dandan11

dandan11 Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Guys, good night. I am new to using emulation in nintendo ds and I have no in-depth programming knowledge. I am trying to use the latest version of Gameyob in my ds lite, in flashcart g6 real ds (1gb). The emulator is working, but it does not locate the default directory of the games and neither creates the gameyob.ini file, so I can not locate nor change the default roms directory. I used an earlier version, and it worked normally to create the initial settings file and locate the roms. I ask your help on how to configure the default directory of the games on the first startup of the latest version of Gameyob (0.52). I have special interest in this version for the option to use a single screen, and I intend to use it in a Nintendo DS modified as game boy macro. Please, I ask for your help and thank you in advance. I also congratulate the creator of the program, who has proved to be the most complete for me.

11. BlastedGuy9905

BlastedGuy9905 where's the updated autopsy report

United States
    This is the reason GBATemp's GBATemp, without these amazing names, this forum wouldn't exist. I mean, heck, it's called "GBATemp", and there's no GBA section ._.

Last edited by BlastedGuy9905, Jul 9, 2017
  12. dandan11

dandan11 Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Good afternoon, I appreciate the information I apologize if part of the text was confusing, I use an online translator to communicate in English. I created this directory (flashcart / roms / gb) in the root of my flash card, but the program displays the following message: "Error opening directory". In previous versions, when I started, the emulator allowed me to select the roms folder, which is not the case in the current version. Even when I added the gameyob.ini file to the root of the flash card, with the path of the changed ROM folder (flashcart / roms / gb), the emulator still displays the error message: "Error opening directory". In time, I formatted my flash card, and left only its kernel and the gameyob.nds and gameyob.cia files, so I realized that the emulator, when started for the first time, does not create the gameyob.ini file, even if I change the initial settings, the file is not being generated. Please, I may be doing something wrong. If so, how can I proceed? Thanks for listening.

13. Slade_Exulis

Slade_Exulis Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Just wanted to log in to say thanks for this. It's working great so far on my o3DS.

14. Bart Lemming

Bart Lemming Gēmu Bōi mikuro

United Kingdom
    Hey. Firstly, sorry if this has been asked before but going through 101 pages is just a bit much!

Does one gain any benefits from running the DSi version of GameYob on a New 3DS XL? I just use an R4 card on it - no CFW stuff... :)

15. Instandhaltung

Instandhaltung I feel it. I feel the cosmos!

Germany
    Yes, the DS version ist more stable and works very well! The 3DS version has graphical glitches and some features (like the borders) don't work properly. The only downside to the DS version is that the screen looks a bit blurry because of the lower resolution. Other than that i vastly prefer playing on the old version :-)

Bart Lemming likes this.
  16. Bart Lemming

Bart Lemming Gēmu Bōi mikuro

United Kingdom
    Thank you.:)

17. Instandhaltung

Instandhaltung I feel it. I feel the cosmos!

Germany
    Oh and if you do not care about SGB emulation and borders, you could also try mGBA (https://mgba.io/). I tested the newest version, and the GB Emulation seems quite solid on the N3DS.

18. unknowndesco

unknowndesco Member
    Newcomer

The plugin (gameyob.ini and gameyob.bmp) of the supercard dstwo in that part of the micro sd is placed (root, folder,...)?

19. azure0612

azure0612 Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    Hi,i am newbie here.
    Since i played gbc with gameyob on my broken ds
    I am very curious about custom sgb border and i have tried made it with picture editor software.can someone tell me how to made 15bpp bitmap images
    Thanks you very much

20. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

United States
    So, what is the latest version of this that I could run on my DStwo flashcart?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - emulator, GameYob, gameboy