Homebrew GameYob 3DS - GB/C emu

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I dunno, man. It might be out it Japan, but if it's coming out next year for us, there's still plenty of time to package a new firmware update with it.
Yeah the EU New 3DS will be patched with a new firmware. Smealum want to release his expolit before the EU New 3DS comes out. Still stupid.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry I don't want to sound like a complete idiot but I don't quite understand what this is for?, the 1st page doesn't quite explain in detail what it does. I do gather it something to do with saving but what or am I completely wrong?, I'm interested.
#
Edit: Is it just another method of playing Gameboy games? can you play GBA tiles yet with this or just GB/GBC titles?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Sorry I don't want to sound like a complete idiot but I don't quite understand what this is for?, the 1st page doesn't quite explain in detail what it does. I do gather it something to do with saving but what or am I completely wrong?, I'm interested.
#
Edit: Is it just another method of playing Gameboy games? can you play GBA tiles yet with this or just GB/GBC titles?
just gb/c.....but options are good, especially considering the VC injected ones require a sepearate build per rom and take up so much space per rom......once the sound issue with homebrew is sorted these kinds of emulators are better than relying on the touchy reliability of the VC emulators

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
#

It's in the title, a gameboy / gameboy color emulator. Not GBA I'm afraid.

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one day hopefully someone will make a GBA emulator for 3DS. :)

lets hope =P maybe that someone could take it a step farther and figure out a way to use the hardware gba built into the 3ds itself tho my guess is that the new 3ds doesnt have a built in gba hardware compatability...then again maybe it does because people with ambassador would be pissed if they couldnt transfer it... i wonder if its confirmed that its transferable

CFallenleaf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can inject gba games and play them. They just have to be under a certain size and they dont play well.

Edit: on a regular or xl.... dont know about new.

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can inject gba games and play them. They just have to be under a certain size and they dont play well.

Edit: on a regular or xl.... dont know about new.

i am VERY well aware of that im talking about the gba built into the 3ds console itself which has nothing to do with that software based emulator in the vc gbc setup i cant wait to see GBA ambassadors work (come on gateway release it with 9.0 please? pretty please???)

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a q i was using the gameyob on my blue gateway card and using the ds version, now i loaded this 1 and i noticed that my .save or cheat file are not loading from the ds V. will there be a fix to be able to port over saves and cheat files from the ds to the 3ds 1. Im just asking bc im going back and forth playing ds emulators and my 3ds games.

Cid2mizard

Trophies
XP
Country
France
GameYob... 3DS..

Metal Gear Solid on my 3DS...

V this image explains my feelings better V

I+can+fap+to+this+_5cafbd82d4d736252d5d3c64e899caa8.gif

We could already execute GameYob with a linker DS on the 3DS !

Everyone seems to forget that the 3DS is compatible with DS mode.
Entire homebrew's catalog of DS running on the 3DS via linker DS (DStwo, R4, etc...).

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We could already execute GameYob with a linker DS on the 3DS !

Everyone seems to forget that the 3DS is compatible with DS mode.
Entire homebrew's catalog of DS running on the 3DS via linker DS (DStwo, R4, etc...).

no I dont think everyone is forgetting the 3ds is compatable with ds mode...I think everyone enjoys not having to exicute the gateway exploit to rewrite the ds profile to boot 3ds games again =P its more convenient to be on the 3ds...plus emulation can get better and...even tho it doesnt exist yet..maybe the maker will add 3d support to gameyob

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looking great, thanks! Scaling's not in yet, right? Or am I doing it wrong?
Seems a bit grumpy about changing roms, have managed to crash it.

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have a q i was using the gameyob on my blue gateway card and using the ds version, now i loaded this 1 and i noticed that my .save or cheat file are not loading from the ds V. will there be a fix to be able to port over saves and cheat files from the ds to the 3ds 1. Im just asking bc im going back and forth playing ds emulators and my 3ds games.

They should be compatible. Remember to copy your saves and such to your 3DS SD card, not gateway's microSD card.
Looking great, thanks! Scaling's not in yet, right? Or am I doing it wrong?
Seems a bit grumpy about changing roms, have managed to crash it.

I think I fixed that yesterday, as of version 0.5-59 (you can check the version in the menu by pressing L twice and selecting "version info").

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0