Homebrew GameYob 3DS - GB/C emu

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Man, this is awesome. Thank you.

2 years ago it seemed like homebrew on our beloved 3DS console was just a far fetched dream. Fast forward to 2014 and we have SNES, NES and GB emulator work-in-progress!!!

I have a feeling the 3DS HB scene will become as prolific as the PSP scene once was in it's hey day.
for some reason i doubt it, the psp homebrew scene was pretty amazing with constant developments....i feel those kind of homebrew scenes are at an end now with android phones being so open for would be homebrew developers, but it seems to be picking up ok though :)

Reactions: cearp

loco365

Trophies
XP
I have gameyob on my Acekard, however, I can't wait for my Gateway to arrive so I can try this out. Here's hoping we get sound support soon, then all I'll need is an awesome version of blargsnes and my 3DS will be complete.

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
are there any benefits of using this over vc injected games? (apart from the extra space saved etc)

For now, VC is certainly preferable. Hopefully though when I get sound & scaling working, this will be the more convenient option =P
Is there frameskip button?

I cant play pokemon at 1x speed these days.
There'll be a fast-forward button. Something was capping its speed even before I added "gspWaitForVBlank", so I'll have to figure out what that was...

That said, I should hope I never have to resort to frameskip when playing games at normal speed. Flickering effects are very common in gameboy games, and frameskip ruins that.

Reactions: cearp

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
nice work,shame about the lack of sound!! by the way where do you place the elf file ? in the gb rom folder or the root of the sd card ?

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nice work,shame about the lack of sound!! by the way where do you place the elf file ? in the gb rom folder or the root of the sd card ?

nowhere. The elf file is for alternate homebrew loaders like the upcoming ssspwn. Only the 3ds file is necessary :)

Reactions: satel

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't use the elf file to run this on a gateway hell. ..using the elf file in general right now is impossible it's for when a homebrew loader comes put (from smealum) if your trying to run this without a gateway then there isn't a way to right now sorry

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is very good news, I have been waiting for emulators that use the 3DS specs since day one. This will give me back some battery life. Now i just wait on dear Mr. SMEA to release his work . :yaysp:

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if someone has used gameyob before on the NDS, will they able able to use savefiles and configuration with the N3DS port?

N3DS? Nintendo why did you do this to us...

Yes, savefiles, save states, configuration files should all be compatible. It won't read everything in the configuration file, since some options were removed, but it shouldn't be a problem.

Reactions: LWares87

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Not if we have to keep sticking with an expensive flashcard on an older firmware in order to run anything.

If only there was someone, somewhere, who had it running. And had the ability to release it to the public and allow us to use it on our own systems.

But whats the chances of that happening right?

Reactions: Huntereb

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
If only there was someone, somewhere, who had it running. And had the ability to release it to the public and allow us to use it on our own systems.

But whats the chances of that happening right?
Not if we have to keep sticking with an expensive flashcard on an older firmware in order to run anything.
you will have ssspwn soon enough, no more expensive flashcards or low FW requirements..........you want homebrew right? ....you know seeing as this thread is about homebrew

Reactions: Huntereb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs