Homebrew GameYob 3DS - GB/C emu

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A port of GameYob to the 3DS - a Gameboy / Gameboy Color emulator.

There is a compatibility list here.

Usage
By default, it looks for roms in the /gb directory of your SD card (NOT gateway's microSD card). As always you can change this directory in gameyob.ini by editing these lines:
Code:
[general]
rompath=/path/to/legit/roms/

Savegames are copied to the SD card when you exit to the file chooser, exit via the home menu, or exit via the power button. If you run out of power, or it crashes, you'll probably lose your progress.

Touch the screen or press R to open the menu once in-game. Use L or R to navigate to different submenus.

Source
Github

Current Status
Things looked grim for a while when I seemed to get burnt out, and no progress was made. Luckily, SteveIce and others stepped in and made bugfixes, implemented scaling, and all that good stuff. Now it runs almost as well as GameYob DS. Sound quality is still not quite on par, but it's had great improvements.

Downloads
All Releases

Credits
Myself (Drenn) for making GameYob DS and this port
SteveIce for the polish and bugfixes which made GameYob 3DS usable (imo)
smea for ctrulib & Ninjhax
StapleButter for blargsnes showing me how to use ctrulib
Nebuleon & others who contributed to GameYob DS.

Last edited by Drenn,

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
GameYob... 3DS..

Metal Gear Solid on my 3DS...

V this image explains my feelings better V

I+can+fap+to+this+_5cafbd82d4d736252d5d3c64e899caa8.gif

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Drenn, you are simply fabulous, and thank you for this WONDERFUL homebrew. :)

Unfortunately I do not have a 3DS flash cart, only a DS one, but I run your GameYob on it, and I have yet to find any emulator errors. So thank you for your hard work, it really shines above the gameboy emulators of yesteryear.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
are there any benefits of using this over vc injected games? (apart from the extra space saved etc)
it would probably be more versatile i.e with games that have issues on VC, but the lack of sound is a shame (yeah i know its not the devs fault im just saying)
also i suppose being able to backup saves or probably use saves from different emulators, so idk if there is anyone looking to bring their saves from the PC or something, but that should be possible with this but not on VC injections.....not to mention it also means you dont have to compile a rom every time you want to play a different game

Reactions: cearp

kane159

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
ohh yeah!! finally comes to 3DS, i'm very happy for that, i'm still using gameyob on dstwo lol it's the best gb/gbc emu ever on (3)ds taking my old gameyob save to this new one and it still work very good :D
i'm just wondering how to make the game image bigger just like the vc rom?
anyhoo thanks for your hard work man u r the best:yaysp:

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
Man, this is awesome. Thank you.

2 years ago it seemed like homebrew on our beloved 3DS console was just a far fetched dream. Fast forward to 2014 and we have SNES, NES and GB emulator work-in-progress!!!

I have a feeling the 3DS HB scene will become as prolific as the PSP scene once was in it's hey day.

Reactions: Hoppy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup