Hacking GameYeeeah - Any Problems?

nheather

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wondering what your experiences of using GameYeeeah are.

I recently ordered from them but fell foul of the bug/feature in their ordering process - once you have completed payment if you don't return to their website then the order isn't created.

After the event I noticed that they have a FAQ describing exactly this - too bad they don't fix the issue or warn you during the ordering process.

Anyway, my main concern is the lack of support I'm getting.

I emailed immediately, explaining what happened and giving details of my order and that payment had been taken.

They responded saying that I would have to reorder.

I emailed back stressing that payment had already been taken so if I reordered I would end up paying twice.

They responded saying that they would pick up the order and send out the goods - no need to reorder.

I emailed stating that I still couldn't see the order and asking how I could tell when it was despatched.

They replied just telling me to RELAX but without answering any of my questions.

I then emailed stating it was all very well telling me to RELAX but all I had to date was details of my payment but no confirmation that an order has been created - nothing in my account, no Order Number.

To which they replied with one word "GREAT"

Now perhaps I am worrying over nothing but the only thing I'm certain of is that payment has been taken. The only positive response I have had is that "they will spot my payment and send the goods". Other than that, the replies have been unhelpful, evasive, rude and scarcastic.

Has anyone else been in this situation?

Are GameYeeeah reliable - can I rest assured that I will get what I ordered?

I'm assuming that they won't ever create an order or give me a Order Number because they are being so evasive about it - is it just a matter of waiting to see if something turns up?

Thanks,

Nigel

nheather

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the prompt replies - that's reassuring.

@silverspoon

The reason for my concern is that my first email did exactly what you suggested.

I gave my name, address, username, PayPal transaction number, items order, shipping type and cost.

In response I was told I would have to Re-Order!

It would just be nice to have an eMail confirming that they have my order, ideally with an Order Number.

But it sounds like it will turn up even though I have zero-visibility of the process.

Cheers,

Nigel

Ryoku

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When I ordered my R4 from Gameyeeeah, I didn't know of such a bug but my order went through fine and I got it in about 4 days. I like gameyeeeah.

nheather

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@grifter

This is what the bug is.

When you have gone through the checkout and selected the Payment method, you are then taken to the Payment system.

When you have completed the payment ther is a button which says something like 'Return to Store'.

This is typical of many online stores but of all the ones I have tried before, that was the end of the process and the 'Return to Store' is optional - sort of like 'Continue Shopping'.

This is NOT the case with GameYeeeah. You HAVE to press the 'Return to Store' button.

If you don't then GameYeeeah take the money but don't create the order.

There is no indication that you must press the 'Return to Store' button.

I only found out when I read the FAQs on their Forum.

It would be better if they fixed this 'feature' or at leaset warned you about it during the payment process.

The annoying bit is that once the order process has failed, GameYeeeah apparently do pick up the request and send the stuff out but they do not create an order or give you an order number so you have no idea how it is progressing.

Oddly enough, my wife placed an order later and forewarned she pressed the 'Return to Store' button. It didn't return her to the store but instead gave a 'Payment Failed' message. However, in her case the payment hadn't failed and the order was created properly.

As long as you don't make the same mistake as me everything seems to work reasonably as it should.

Cheers,

Nigel

nheather

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@silverspoon

Thanks for the help.

It's not that I'm disatisfied with GameYeeeeah as such - from what you guys have said it sounds like the order will get picked up and sent to me.

It's more the frustration of not being to see my order or how it is doing and the bewilderment about why GameYeeeah are so evasive.

I just can't understand why they can't drop me a mail saying "Don't worry we have your order, the number is xxxx, and it was despatched this morning".

To be honest I'm shocked that a company that has been paid will avoid telling the customer anything about his order.

But thanks again, hopefully it will help.

Cheers,

Nigel

CSD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're not native English speakers, and so there might be some communication problems. However, they are very helpful and will do what you ask (cancel your order, refund, etc.), but you might want to try and be as clear as possible. It took me a few emails to get my message across, but they allowed me to get a full refund for one order, cancel a second order, and change the shipping on yet a third order to DHL.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where is GameYeeeah based?

What shipping methods do they offer?

I liked RHS because they used USPS and I didn't have to be home to get my stuff. That's why I'm asking.

nheather

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to end this thread on a positive note.

GameYeeeah have now emailed me and confirmed that my cartridge was despatched yesterday.

I'd like to thank Lily from GameYeeeah for getting back to me with the positive news.

Cheers,

Nigel

CSD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to hear.

Where is GameYeeeah based?

What shipping methods do they offer?Â

I liked RHS because they used USPS and I didn't have to be home to get my stuff. That's why I'm asking.

They're based in Hong Kong, and they offer both airmail and DHL shipping. The latter takes 2-3 days to arrive.

gameyeeeah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Thanks very much order form us!

We need to declare why we not fix this!

Paypay don't allow seller to use paypal to sell this flash card. And we have got a limited by them before.

This notice have posted on Forums at R4DS.NET two months ago by us.Revolution.

This time we are restart a account to received the paypal payment, it's because a lot of customers ask us to accept it, but we need to do something to avoid limited by Paypal.

So we only supply a little info to Paypal, no product info, no orderid,,also we have closed the auto redirect function on Paypal, and closed the auto status update function.

We have posted notice on the Cart page and the payment page with the Red font to advise buyer to click the "return to the Merchant website" after finished the payment by Paypal.

Also we will check Everyday's payment, we will find out all the payment that have not added to our database, find out the order itmes and shipped them with the correct shipping way.

There is no problem to use the Credit Card payment.

JacobReaper

I Love You....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah, i was thinking of ordering from them yet was put off by all that 'need to re visit the site' stuff.

Didn't really get it...

same here
tongue.gif
i just used different mods stores, there are tons of em.. i got my R4 from modchipstore, my EZFlash 3 in 1 from echostore and more stuff from bamboogaming and kickgaming, then echostore again, xD LOL lots..

EDIT: again** ive been listening to Rise "Against" so yeah, i spelled Again wrong,
wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr