Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.osup.altervista.org - http
XP
Country
Italy
gameuplogov2.png

GameUP is an utility that allows you to download homebrew over WIFI. For those of you running the 1st version, you can press "B" to upgrade directly on the NDS. Please see the change log for more information.

Change Log said:
• Updated font, easier to read.
• Files now stored in an automatically created folder in Root
• Fixed a bug in listing game (repetition of some elements when print out a small list after a bigger one)
• New homebrew games are marked on the DS through a small green mushroom next to their name.

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source
discuss.png
Discuss

floobmonsrake

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Let me say that I am extremly inpressed with this homebrew application, I like to think of it like a dsi shop but with homebrew. Its just amazing and works quite well. I support you 100%. Let me know if theres anything i can do.

.:Mik:.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
floobmonsrake said:
Let me say that I am extremly inpressed with this homebrew application, I like to think of it like a dsi shop but with homebrew. Its just amazing and works quite well. I support you 100%. Let me know if theres anything i can do.
Thank you so much! If I'll need help, I'll inform you...
wink.gif

Dark_linis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-maybe its because Im using the-card-who-must-not-be-named but the first two times I tried to boot the program it froze on the third step. The third time it worked fine and I must say, I am very very impressed. I was expecting something simular that can be found on ds organize but this is by far way better.

My only issue is that button presses are too sensitive. I kept missing what I was trying to access.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
Dark_linis said:
-maybe its because Im using the-card-who-must-not-be-named but the first two times I tried to boot the program it froze on the third step. The third time it worked fine and I must say, I am very very impressed. I was expecting something simular that can be found on ds organize but this is by far way better.

My only issue is that button presses are too sensitive. I kept missing what I was trying to access.
Sincerelly I don't know the-card-who-must-not-be-named...
smile.gif

However the freeze could be due to a wrong comunication between DS'Wifi and AP...it could happen with all the card but fortunatelly it's sufficient restart the hb and everything goes well
smile.gif

I'm happy you like it...

@Maz7006: Thank you and Enjoy it!
biggrin.gif
About OsUp...it will return soon..
cool.gif

Slade.AU

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia
Awesome little program
smile.gif

I have had a few hiccups. It did black screen on me once. I loaded up the details for DoomDS (or is it DSDoom?), then went to statistics and BSOD (Black Screen of Darkness).

The second time I tried it, on another app it worked, but that gave me a few graphical glitches on the images downloaded, and when I downloaded the game, the top screen went black and the downloading text showed up.

The last issue is that I find when using the D Pad to move the cursor it jumps several lines at a time, and it can mean missing the game / line I want and then I have to play "tap the D-Pad" to get to the right place. Can this be slowed down a bit ??

Aside from those minor issues, this is a fantastic bit of homebrew. I look forward to updates.

ps. if it makes any difference I'm using a DSLite and an AceKard RPG with the latest AKAIO firmware.

Drakate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is an amazing homebrew, now I don't have to go wasting my time on lots of different websites looking for new ones.
yay.gif
It looks v. proffesional
However the buttons are slightly too sensitive and I was wondering if there could be a mini description on the top screen instead of the instructions

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually used the first one quite a bit, and I have to say that the font update is a god send. Thank you so much for this.

My only piece of advice would be to make it optional whether or not to load each game preview, since they take so long to load. Maybe have the games link to a description first, and then you have an option to view the screenshots?

Aside from that, i really appreciate this piece of homebrew. Thanks Mik
yaynds.gif

Slade.AU

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia
Drakate said:
... I was wondering if there could be a mini description on the top screen instead of the instructions

This is a smart idea. I'll put my vote in for this to be added.

QUOTE(Dwight @ Jun 19 2009, 05:07 PM) My only piece of advice would be to make it optional whether or not to load each game preview, since they take so long to load. Maybe have the games link to a description first, and then you have an option to view the screenshots?

And I'd vote for this idea too. Maybe have it as an option to load the images or not ? It is quite slow to load the pics. Is that a fault of the DS (the wireless) or the server feeding the images ?

Is there anyway to make the font just a little bigger ? or is that asking too much ?

Drakate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I might be the only one but after I load gameup, it gets stuck on the connecting to AP unless I restart my DS and try again... I was wondering why?

Finishoff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This will be very convenient for many people. Hopefully there will be detail description for each item so that I'll know what I would be downloading. -Downloading and testing it out now xD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
Well, I like the idea of the small description...however if you don't want to download and see preview, you can directly download the game considering the name of the category the games belong to...
smile.gif

About the freeze on AP-connection step, it's due maybe to the weak strenght of your WiFi signal...

I agree even with the font' matter...I'll make it bigger in the next release...

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
I've spent the past 10 minutes trying to update GameUP. It successfully downloads the update and tells me to press B but after starting it again, it says I'm still on v1.0 and tells me to update once again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: