GameStop selling Nintendo 3DS for £135

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Veho said:
I have a question. I don't have a 3DS so I know exactly diddly squat about it, especially the online store and the user accounts and all that stuff. What I want to know is this:

What's stopping a store from signing all their 3DS units up for the Ambassador program before August 12th, and then selling them at a lower price after the price drop? That way their consoles would have the Ambassador-exclusive games, and a lower price, giving the store a competitive advantage.

What did Nintendo do to prevent that?
Technically, if a store opens their stocked, it's deemed Used, is it not?

And isn't there some standard that makes it so that stores can't tamper with stock?

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Veho said:
I have a question. I don't have a 3DS so I know exactly diddly squat about it, especially the online store and the user accounts and all that stuff. What I want to know is this:

What's stopping a store from signing all their 3DS units up for the Ambassador program before August 12th, and then selling them at a lower price after the price drop? That way their consoles would have the Ambassador-exclusive games, and a lower price, giving the store a competitive advantage.

What did Nintendo do to prevent that?
Technically, if a store opens their stocked, it's deemed Used, is it not?

And isn't there some standard that makes it so that stores can't tamper with stock?

Except a few gamestops got caught and sued a few years ago for letting employees test products and than place them back in the packaging to be sold as new. It came out 1 out of 10 gamestops had been doing this since the ps1 days. What makes it a bigger deal besides the wear & tear on the products?, the employees started using/stealing the codes from within the game's cases. Stealing the codes is how the stores got cought.

After all that, gamestop still is aloud to open their stock, take out the games and place the games in paper selves. They claim they do it to prevent customers from stealing from them. However it allows the store to steal from the customers. What a sad world we live into day. Businesses have forgot they exist to service customers and they do whatever they can to steal from those they are suppose to be servicing.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, you can't beat that.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users