GameStop selling Nintendo 3DS for £135

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This Friday marks the arrival of the anticipated 3DS price cut – but online retailer GameStop has kicked off its discount early.

GameStop.co.uk is currently selling the device for just £134.97 with free delivery.

This puts it some way ahead of its online competitors. Amazon is selling the handheld for just £169.99 whereas GAME is asking £194.99 and Play.com £196.99.

High Street retailers are being cagey about their strategy regarding this Friday’s cut for fear of tipping off competitors. MCV understands that £140 could well become the default price point for the device.

[/p]

My my.... this is even cheaper than the DSI XL which is currently selling at £139.99
ohmy.gif

Source

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Holy MOLY!
Thats about I much I expected from amazon after price drop o.o

Asking myself, those 20 games.. are those worth shit..
Like I said, I will probably get/like 2-3 out of those 20. Its not like they are giving you loads of options to choose from.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Tanveer said:
Holy MOLLY!

Asking myself, those 20 games.. are those worth shit..
Like I said, I will probably get/like 2-3 out of those 20. Its not like they are giving you loads of options to choose from.
Yeah, about the choice. I would've loved it if they just allowed Ambassadors to download ANY 10 current games of the eShop for FREE + the 20 games they announced + early access to a 3D Video Recorder lol.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
could be refurbished selling off as new.
Probably is.

Got my "new" DS Lite from a few years ago. Turns out the idiots at the store were too lazy to actually even refurbish the damn thing. The user was still "logged in" and everything.

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slyakin said:
prowler_ said:
Probably is.

Got my "new" DS Lite from a few years ago. Turns out the idiots at the store were too lazy to actually even refurbish the damn thing. The user was still "logged in" and everything.
No it isn't guys, they would have to state it's refurbished when selling a product.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heartgold said:
Slyakin said:
prowler_ said:
Probably is.

No it isn't guys, they would have to state it's refurbished when selling a product.
Tell that to the guys working at my store. They made a quick buck by scamming me.

They can even market used games as new if they're in good enough condition.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it was refurbished, they would have to state it in the info. Otherwise you can sue them for big load.

Says, release date 16th august. So, after the official price drop.
Its not THAT surprising though. It was TOTALLY expectable from amazon to do it, but GameStop is doing it first I suppose.
Expect similar price drop from amazon
smile.gif

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Im too old and way over being a "fanboy" for either company but this is seriously going to pummel down the rival handheld setting prices like that.. half the starting price for next gen console, and cheper than the Dsi XL!? what the hell? They seriously want to install this in every gamer pocket whatever it cost and this is somehow sickening me at this point.. domination of Big N mainstream & raining shovelwares with the soon-to-come non3d dev kit anyone? :/

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tanveer said:
Holy MOLLY!
The word is "moly".
nyanya.gif

QUOTE(RupeeClock @ Aug 10 2011, 01:53 PM) Didn't even realise GameStop sold in the UK, even if just online.
I didn't either.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I thought GAME was the big 'gamestop' -ish chain over in Europe. I didn't even know they had a presence in the UK.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Anyone from Edinburgh here? Just wondering 'cuz I actually might pick up a 3DS in the beginning of September when I go visit there.. 115-135 pounds is a lot less than what I would pay back home (currently 3DS goes for 289e minimum)..

-Qtis

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I have a question. I don't have a 3DS so I know exactly diddly squat about it, especially the online store and the user accounts and all that stuff. What I want to know is this:

What's stopping a store from signing all their 3DS units up for the Ambassador program before August 12th, and then selling them at a lower price after the price drop? That way their consoles would have the Ambassador-exclusive games, and a lower price, giving the store a competitive advantage.

What did Nintendo do to prevent that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I could claw back 14tb by only doing 2 parity disks but I feel like with 13 disks in the RAID...