RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/landing/pro-pass/

$10 off and its on SELECT titles

yikes. Thats not exactly a great deal compared to Best Buy and Amazon's membership services.

On top of that the spring pass is only for 4 months but the pass itself is only $10 and thats assuming you are already a pro member so its more like $25 when its all said and done.

- Best Buy's GCU is $30 for 20% off all new games for 2 years

- Amazon's Prime is $100 for 20% off on new games but only at their launch (Has that changed since I last checked) and this lasts for only 1 year.

- GameStop's Spring Pass is $10 (or $25 if you dont have a pro membership already) to get $10 off SELECT titles for 4 months

What do you feel is the best choice?

Thank you @nando for the pricing correction.

Last edited by RemixDeluxe,

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
  1. Offer only applies to products sold and shipped by Amazon.com
  2. Customer must have an active free trial or paid Prime subscription at the time of placing an order and the time of shipment to receive offer.
  3. The 20% discount applies to an item’s List Price and does not apply to an item’s already discounted price.
  4. Offer only applies to products in pre-order or within two weeks after release date as listed on the product detail page.
  5. Offer does not apply to digital content.
  6. Offer does not apply to product bundles including but not limited to console game bundles.
  7. Offer good while supplies last.
  8. Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
  9. If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
  10. If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
  11. Shipping charges and taxes may apply to discounted items.
  12. Offer restricted to a quantity of 1 per qualifying item.
  13. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.

Reactions: RemixDeluxe

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- Amazon's Prime is $100 for 20% off on new games but only at their launch (Has that changed since I last checked) and this lasts for only 1 year.

It should be stressed that Amazon's 20% off feature is only one of a good deal of benefits for an Amazon customer, thus justifying its hefty price tag, compared with other options. If you only shop online for games or don't gel with Amazon for video game purchases, then yeah the Gamestop option I suppose is better. I got my Prime membership before this 20% off feature came in, I renewed it not just because of that, their 2 day shipping is nice, I capitalized recently on their lightning deal feature with a Wi-Fi USB adapter, and their movie library is great for someone like me, digging obscure gems that Netflix probably wouldn't touch (Amir Shervan films for example). So, I wouldn't compare a specified game store membership with a site that includes it as just one little feature. A great feature though.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should be stressed that Amazon's 20% off feature is only one of a good deal of benefits for an Amazon customer, thus justifying its hefty price tag, compared with other options. If you only shop online for games or don't gel with Amazon for video game purchases, then yeah the Gamestop option I suppose is better. I got my Prime membership before this 20% off feature came in, I renewed it not just because of that, their 2 day shipping is nice, I capitalized recently on their lightning deal feature with a Wi-Fi USB adapter, and their movie library is great for someone like me, digging obscure gems that Netflix probably wouldn't touch (Amir Shervan films for example). So, I wouldn't compare a specified game store membership with a site that includes it as just one little feature. A great feature though.
Best Buy's GCU is only $30 and works for 2 years, 20% off ALL new games and no specific time limits to buy them either. $10 off isnt more than 20% off so no I cant see how GameStop's is objectively better in any conceivable way.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best Buy's GCU is only $30 and works for 2 years, 20% off ALL new games and no specific time limits to buy them either. $10 off isnt more than 20% off so no I cant see how GameStop's is objectively better in any conceivable way.

I was only mentioning Amazon, I didn't really bother reading about Best Buy's deal, I don't really care. I just wanted to point out Amazon's deal encompassing a slew of benefits beyond physical video game releases.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou