Gamestop is a ripoff!

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamestop is like the pawn shop that doesn't hold your shit for 30 days... When you sell an item to a business who is planning to re-sell said item, don't ever expect to get what it is worth...

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First rule of Gamestop, don't sell stuff to Gamestop. eBAY, and local (Craigslist.) will almost always give you more. For my old PSP 1000 that was missing the analog nub they offered me $5. Originally $10, but I had to shave off $5 to buy a replacement nub for it. Complete gibberish. Of course their aim is money, and the maximum profit they can get.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or if you're feel good about the community, put them up in the WTS thread, and if you want to sell in person, do Craigslist. But seriously, a retail company buying things from a customer is not a 'ripoff'. They're called Gamestop, not 'Bob's Cash For Games'.

edit - and if there were some mom & pop 'cash for games' store, they probably wouldn't do you much better than gamestop, unless they had a really good business going.

Alex221

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First rule of Gamestop, don't sell stuff to Gamestop. eBAY, and local (Craigslist.) will almost always give you more. For my old PSP 1000 that was missing the analog nub they offered me $5. Originally $10, but I had to shave off $5 to buy a replacement nub for it. Complete gibberish. Of course their aim is money, and the maximum profit they can get.
maybe i'll try craigslist or a local pawn shop,one of my friends was offered like 12$ for some ps3 games at gamestop but then he sold them at a pawn shop for 50$

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You know that's how retail works right? In the electronics world, the moment it leaves the store and is opened, it's not worth shit anymore.
Not to mention they need to make a profit on it, they have to make back the same amount of money they spent back and make extra to keep their store running.

Gamestop is not ripping anyone off, it's just people expect more value for something than it's really worth.

Reactions: 3 people

ShineStar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
When you sell an item to a business who is planning to re-sell said item, don't ever expect to get what it is worth...
yeah i know,i had just bought the xl a couple days ago for 130$ and now they offer me 25$
why would you buy a dsi XL at full price and then sell it back 2 days later? that makes no sense whatsoever. and i find it funny you'd expect to get near full value for it to be honest.
why dont you just stick it back in the box, act like you never opened it and return it?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know that's how retail works right? In the electronics world, the moment it leaves the store and is opened, it's not worth shit anymore.
Not to mention they need to make a profit on it, they have to make back the same amount of money they spent back and make extra to keep their store running.

Gamestop is not ripping anyone off, it's just people expect more value for something than it's really worth.
Yes, they are. They are making an obscene profit margin on used sales. That's why they put used games in front of new games. That's why they constantly hype trading in.

jmanup85

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

By that logic they should sell their opened "new" copies of games at 90% off

Reactions: 2 people

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got $42 for a 2nd generation iPod touch. I didn't feel like waiting forever to sell it, so it wasn't a bad deal IMO.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1