heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wii-u-e3-2012-hardware-shots-3.jpg

GameStop has, nationwide, sold out its preorder stock of deluxe Wii U models, says Fahey. Basic bundles are dwindling.

Holy this could be Wii all over again, temp told me this console is shit and wouldn't sell. :P
Anyhow the premium pack is ranked at #2 on Amazon.co.uk

http://kotaku.com/5943490/

More sellouts from other retailers

Bestbuy:
online sell out for both basic and deluxe packs.

Target:
Premium SKU sold out online

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No fucking games and it still sells :lol:

I won't be getting one till at least 6 months later when some decent games are finally available. Unless they release a new zelda or mario galaxy sooner :P

Reactions: 1 person

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Mah....now that I got a somewhat decent gaming PC, I can't say I'm really looking forward to get one on launch date like I did with the Wii.
There's is just not enough worthwhile content for me during the launch window.
I'll definitely get one down the road, but for now, I'm happy to catch up with all the great multiplatform games I skipped in the past 5 years because I was playing all the great games on the Wii and DS....

Raichy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
parents want the kid-friendly wii u. kids want the wii u because they loved the wii. soccer moms aim to please.

it doesn't really matter what hardcore gamers have to say, the system will sell because of "what it is".

-another world

Please tell me who "hardcore gamer" is, I am not really sure nowadays.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
parents want the kid-friendly wii u. kids want the wii u because they loved the wii. soccer moms aim to please.

it doesn't really matter what hardcore gamers have to say, the system will sell because of "what it is".

-another world

People who play Just Dance.

Reactions: 18 people

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

-another world

TROLL ALERT! Just kidding brah.

Anyway, it has a fair amount of brand recognition still and everything does good on launch. It's what happens after launch that matters.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

-another world

People who Just Dance.
Wow this isn't what I expected again either. I really thought the wii u would flop. Interesting.

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is nothing new, many of those pre-orders will be from speculators who buy several units and then when the drought (that they have partly caused) occurs they will sell them on at hugely inflated prices. I remember seeing Wiis being sold for $500 on Craigslist and Kijiji soon after launch.

Having been a gamer since Atari VCS days I have learned that it's a lot less frustrating to be a late, late, late adopter - wait until a console is close to retirement, buy it very cheap and have access to a huge catalogue of games immediately, not to mention many consoles have usually been fully cracked by the time they stop making them so all their secrets are just a Google away.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember, Gamestop could have just had a paltry preorder stock of the Wii U.

There's definitely interest in the console, but I wouldn't take this as a surefire sign that the console will be an unstoppable sales juggernaut.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn! can't say I'm surprised, really I'm not, its going to be one epic console even when the Durango and Orbis come out it will hold its own with little effort bet on it. I'm glad I reserved my Wii U and payed it off day 1 :P

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: 2 people

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
I can't say I'm too surprised about this.

As for me, I'm still undecided on the purchase, but I will never buy another console on launch again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1