GameStop accepting PS2 systems for trade-in

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/02/gamestop-will-once-again-accept-your-ps2-for-trade

Very interesting news indeed. I had 2 systems sitting around I traded in for $45 credit.

$25 credit for a system, video and power wires, and 1 controller.
$20 for system only.

That article says the trade without accessories is worthwhile, I agree to an extent but what are you going to do with the controller after? I guess you could sell it on eBay but meh. I'm wondering what the re-sale price will be...

Reactions: Margen67

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, if you've got a local thrift store with a cache of consoles or something, it might be worth the time for a a quick flip. I picked up a slim PS2, a memory card, and an official DS2 controller all for 9 bucks last spring at Goodwill. But if you're already selling online or something you'd certainly get more than $20-25 per system, especially if you set up FMCB or something.

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not worth it for the $22-odd you get per system, there's so much stuff you can do with a PS2 these days that it's better to keep'em around.

I have a fatty with freemcboot and a network adapter with 320 gb hdd. slims cant really do that much and that is what i had lying around and i wanted the new kirby game. for me its a win-win, but i see your point.

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd have sold the systems for 40 bucks each on craigslist.

I had both systems, three games, memory card and controller for sale on here for about a month for $40 shipped and did not get a single hit, so yeah. good luck selling a ps2 for $40.

i really dont even see how/why gamestop thinks this is a good idea!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have a fatty with freemcboot and a network adapter with 320 gb hdd. slims cant really do that much and that is what i had lying around and i wanted the new kirby game. for me its a win-win, but i see your point.
My Fattie's dead, unfortunately, so I make-due with a Slim and an SMB connection. :yayps3:

Reactions: VashTS

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had both systems, three games, memory card and controller for sale on here for about a month for $40 shipped and did not get a single hit, so yeah. good luck selling a ps2 for $40.

i really dont even see how/why gamestop thinks this is a good idea!

Funnily enough, I did end up selling mine a while back. A guy was looking to buy one from a store that sold older consoles and didn't feel like paying 70 bucks for one, so I guess I got lucky, because he saw my post on craigslist and was happy to pick it up along with the games I had for 50. It doesn't hurt to try posting elsewhere before you take the plunge.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well if they sell them back for like 50 or so bucks, I might get one.
Of course, that's hoping one of the GameStops from my neighbour city even have some in stock. XD

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If only I could find a decently price gbc or original gba without paying an arm and a leg in shipping. Gamestop started accepting them again too (well the gba at least) but none within a 100 miles of me has one. I expect the ps2 situation to be similar.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.