Gamesave conversion?

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Xirix, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Xirix
    OP

Xirix GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2007
    Is there a way to convert GBA gamesaves? I have a save of Pokemon Emerald on my M3DS Real, and I want to use it with No$GBA, or any GBA emulator really.

2. Schlupi

Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

Aug 31, 2007
    United States
    Rozen Queen Co, Chicago Branch
    It should be compatible without even converting it.

3. Xirix
    OP

Xirix GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2007
    Well I tried, with No$GBA and it doesn't load the save when launching, comes up saying the save file is corrupt.

4. Schlupi

Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

Aug 31, 2007
    United States
    Rozen Queen Co, Chicago Branch
    do the save and the rom match names? is the save type set in the options of No$gba?

I believe you have to set the save type. otherwise it makes a new save with a larger/smaller filetype in other words a different save.

Also, you don't need to change save types with Visualboy. try that if you can't get no$ working.

5. Xirix
    OP

Xirix GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2007
    Okay I tried it again and although it now works, I cannot save past where I last saved on my M3, it'll say it's corrupted and a previous save will be loaded, which is where it was when I put it on my computer.

I'll have a look at Visualboy.

EDIT : Okay, it worked in Visualboy and I managed to get the cheats done that I wanted, but now the save won't work back in my M3.