Games you've dreamt up

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Sora de Eclaune, Jan 18, 2012.

Jan 18, 2012
  1. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    What are some games you've dreamt up? It can be one you thought of, or one you actually dreamed about.

Mine:
    Last night I had this wild dream about a DS game that takes up the entire capacity of the system. It was brightly colored and the 3D models were sharp and detailed. The main character was a Digimon (a Veemon, I think) lookalike, with a partner that looked like the main character of Inazuma Eleven. There were Digimon lookalikes EVERYWHERE, too, but most of them couldn't talk. The game played like Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (N64). I can't remember what the game was about, but it looked like it had a stereotypical JRPG scenario. The last thing I remember seeing was a scene with a character that looked like Choji from Naruto as a kid.
    (don't ask me. I haven't watched Digimon in years, I've never played Castlevania: Curse of Darkness, and I haven't seen a Naruto episode with Choji in forever. The only thing I can attribute part of this dream to is that I WAS playing an Inazuma Eleven game before bed.)

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    So it almost looked as good as a Playstation game?

I don't dream up game ideas, that's why game devs have jobs and make games for me.

2 people like this.
  3. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

United States
    You don't have dreams about games that don't exist?

And yes, it looked as good as a Playstation game.

4. Hyro-Sama

Member Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Japan
    LOL Why would I post that here to have it be sloten by some wandering Dev. NO THANKS

5. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    implying your ideas are worth stealing

10 people like this.
  6. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    FPS, in modern realistic setting where I shoot international terrorists over online multiplayer.

2 people like this.
  7. BoxmanWTF

Member BoxmanWTF ♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫

Canada
    This one game, where you were playing as a turnip named Ralph, leading a revolt against the other vegetables which had enslaved your people for over 100 years.
    It worked as a SRPG that turned into a normal RPG when you met an enemy, sort like Devil Survivor, and each level after you've taken out all the enemies goes into a stage where you'd go on the rails in a rocket propelled vegetable peeler, chasing down the enemy's captain until you've peeled and thrown him into the salad bowl.

My god, never eat a salad and play games before going to bed...

Also, I'm pretty sure this was the day I found out Devil Survivor 2 was coming out, so that's probably the reason why they're alike

8. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    Hello Kitty ;3

Invader zim like.

Game where you play as Hello Kitty and your main objective is to conquer earth ;3 and the capitol would be Columbia in 1912 just like Bioshock infinite.

9. Supreme Dirt

Member Supreme Dirt GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I had this dream once where it was like... Super Smash Bros. with life bars but it was some crazy Cartoon Network vs. 4Kids shenanigans going on with a streets of rage-esque single player.

Don't fall asleep while a sibling is watching cartoons, all I'll say.

10. Majorami

Banned Majorami Banned

United States
    Now that you mentioned it... I had a great concept of gameplay design in my head the other day that I didn't really commit to memory. I've actually had lots of them in my life that other games I've played have yet to feel anything like ideas I've had. Too bad though. All forgotton. Not like I'll ever get a job designing anyways, and its not like anyone will ever care about my design ideas unless it was actually put into a format they could experience.

Besides, there are 7 billion people on the planet which means an infinite amount of possibilities in thoughts. Ideas that I think are unique to my own, are probably already been concieved in a few thousand other people around the world, and may have in fact already made them, started making them, or will make them sometime in the future. I wonder how many of us imagined a game like Portal before Portal was even concieved for development? Probably dozens of thousands.

Its too bad that unique ideas are too niche. Realistically its better to just copy another game's idea/concept and just improve on that. I can imagine I'd make more money by copying Mario and adding bonuses, than offer any game of my own design that offers originality. All the best video game concepts are already out, so its just a waste of time/wishful thinking to create new game designs in my head.

To sum all that up above: "Why bother? not like you or any of us really matter."

11. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

United States
    Because when the game's late in development you could show them the timestamp of the post you made with the idea, and then you could get rich later.

12. ScarletCrystals

Member ScarletCrystals Useless Bunny of Paradise

Canada
    Just wondering...do you by any chance go on sokulobby?

13. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    A bishoujo smash brothers style game with about 70 different anime represented and over 300 characters, it was Arcade only, and I had the arcade cabinet the one thing I remembered is that it had Makoto from Idolmaster and Haruka from Sister Princess.

14. Majorami

Banned Majorami Banned

United States
    No, but I am a soku/touhou addict.I googled sokulobby but the results are cock blocked for this SOPA protest thing. Thanks for informing me about this. Hopefully now I can find some people to play with.

And if you asking me has anything to do with my name, Majorami is a character from the PSP Prinny game, it'd make sense if there are others on the internet using the name.

15. steveroo

Member steveroo GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    coffee game
    character drinks one coffee and has to do tasks
    downs another coffee character repeats tasks but he is moving faster
    the loop continues, but new tasks are added or weird imagery is thrown into game to mess with your mind

finally the character drinks too much coffee and depression is riding
    you are to do the same tasks but you have less time and your movement is slower

16. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I've basically dreamt of a game EXACTLY like Heroes of Ruin since the DS game out. Few slight changes I would make to the game, but it's pretty much dead on my idea.

I've also dreamt of many compilations of games. Such as all the Pokemon regions in one game, all the Tony Hawk games in one, ect.

17. Nah3DS

Member Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Argentina
    without fucking slow loading times

18. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

United States
    Wouldn't that be great?

19. Nah3DS

Member Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Argentina
    yes... it's called Golden Sun - Dark Dawn

1 person likes this.
  20. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    i laughed.