Gaming Games you thought would be great that just annoyed you

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was thinking about this in pysch class. Sometimes you're really hyped about a game, or you read a good review, and you try it expecting great things. Then, you actually play it and it all goes down hill from there. It's not what you were expecting, or it just annoys you for whatever reason.

My list for DS:

TWEWY: After all the time I spent getting this game to work, I ended up getting rid of it. I simply cannot do the one slash move very well. So, it's just annoyning to me and I gave up. Might try again later though.

WWE 2008: I read that it was all touch controls at IGN, so I'm like okay, I can work with that. But I can't work with the fact that you're not really fighting at all. It's a shame too, this game has great presentation if you're a wrestiling fan.

Petz Dolphinz: What can I say, I like Dolphins. But you never get to do anything with them, unlike Petz Bunniez.

Mario Party DS: This game just does nothing for me. I usually like mini game fests like Touchmaster, but this is just sort of blah.

Puchi Puchi Virus: I love puzzle games, but this gets tottaly unbalanced after the 2nd or third level. Good concept though.

Super Monkey Ball: I have SMB 1,2, and Wii, but controling with the the stylus just doen't work.

Megaman ZX Advent: I keep longing for the days of Megaman X. Think goodnes for snes emus:)

Warioware Touched: Good, but nowhere near as good as the gba games.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Digimon World Championship: Pretty fun idea, like it, and beat the game, but when you pile the Digimon up, it's...SO....ZETTA...SLOW!

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You gave up TWEWY, just because you couldn't do one slash move? That's a bit much, don't you think? Also, the game gets good after the 2nd day of the 2nd week, imo.

Also, N+ feels overrated to me.

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N+ DS
Sure, it was a good game, but after putting countless hours into the xbox version, and countless late nights testing my new Co-op levels with friends over XBL, there was pretty much no way that a portable could compete.
I'll go ahead and list my gripes:
-Deaths are less epic
-Level editor sucks
-NO ROTATING LAZOR
-Bounce blocks are gimped extremely. First of all, if you fall from a semi-high spot, they will kill you just like the ground if you land one them, and second, it's near impossible to do a decent jump off of them.
-Levels don't have cool titles like before
-NO WHITE NINJA?!?! WHAT THE HELL? THAT'S MY TRADEMARK
-No singlecart multiplayer
-No online multiplayer (yeah, level sharing doesn't count)
-Graphics are ugly as hell. I usually wouldn't care, but seriously. The DS could do so much better. For such a simple game, all the effects should of been perfected.
-etc etc

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Command and Destroy.

I wanted a genuine RTS game (odd coming from me as I don't tend to like RTS).

But the game is crap. It's crap because it looks like they quit half way through making it. What? did they run out of money and decide "screw it, they can just settle for this much".

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:
You gave up TWEWY, just because you couldn't do one slash move? That's a bit much, don't you think? Also, the game gets good after the 2nd day of the 2nd week, imo.

Also, N+ feels overrated to me.

It frustrated me to no end. The stupid frogs just kept jumping at me and here I'm trying countless times to slash them and it just not working no matter what I try. Suffice it to say, I was getting preatty sick of it. I'll probably try it again sometime though, it does look cool.

I never played the online version of n+, but I don't think it's bad for something quick to play for like 20 mins.

edit - but then again, I was never expecting anything awesome out of n+, I got it because of all the buzz. So, I couldn't really be that let down:)

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
N+. I really can't get myself to play that for more than 3 minutes without chucking my DS at the wall. I just don't see the fun to it :\

Also, Professor Layton. It was just so...ugh. I trudged through like the first hour of the game, and I forced myself to keep playing, but eventually had to stop; it's one of the most boring games I've played on the DS. I guess I'm just not a puzzle game fan.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
Lego Star Wars 2 the Original Trilogy for DS. Do I need a reason? Glitches.

Woot! 500th post!

I bought that day one. Even glitched to hell and back, i finished that mother with a 99%. That glitched 1% pissed me off. But i did EVERYTHING i could to that point. ...such a waste of time lol...

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Harvest Moon games excluding Rune Factory games.
My tolerance wall broke down when Island of Happiness had multi-second loading from item menu screen to actual play screen. Freaking hell, when a cart game has longer loading than optical media games, there's something severely wrong.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Insecticide was pretty disappointing as well. It had fun detective bits, but pretty mediocre and just boring and frustrating action bits. So much potential......DOWN THE DRAIN!
mad.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte