Hacking Games you cant tell the difference between dvd copies or usb loaded.

k4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently softmodded my wii and I already downloaded most of the wiiware games I like, as well as the nintendo, supernintendo, sega genesis, and scumm emulators, as well as all my favorite roms.
Now its time to move onto the real wii games. I can buy an hdd and download most of the games I want and play them from there, or I can make dvd copies and use neogamma r7 to play them. The thing is that I know there are many issues regarding using dvd copies. Slow loading times, and lag in cutscenes are examples of this problems. I dont know what troubles may appear if I play a dvd copy game like mkwii and get online. Will the slower loading times be an issue here?
I have been looking for a list on the internet that would tell me which games doesnt seem,look, or feel THAT MUCH different ( or at all! ) when playing them via a dvd copy, than when playing them via a usb loader ... and havent had too much luck. I know there are well known issues with cutscenes in mario galaxy, as well as cutscenes in punchout. Also longer loading times in metroid prime 3 when entering different areas through a door, etc ...
Havent found information as hows the gameplay on wifi games like mkwii when played on dvd copies too.
Any useful feedback will be really appreciated, thanks.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiFi is unaffected at all by softmod
only cheating affects WiFi playing

softmod restrict read speeds to 3x so naturally the loading will be a little slower compared to the 6x original read speeds.

USB loading can read up to 12x

your not really gonna find a list like that
just note that the read speeds take it's toll on some games
but nothing too drastic

k4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
just note that the read speeds take it's toll on some games
but nothing too drastic

I understand but this is exactly the kind of info Im looking for. For me "drastic" means lag in cutscenes, or loading times for more than 5 seconds than if playing originals.

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then it sounds like you need to get a USB Hard drive and use a USB loader like USB Loader GX or Wiiflow.

No other choice as xzxero is dead on correct in his explanation
smile.gif

Posts merged

yuyuyup said:
bullshit I burn wii games 16x shit runs perfectly

Read the thread again before you cry bullshit. Read Speeds of the Wiidrive backups vs Origionals... not Write speeds on your DVD Burner.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I remember correctly, many of the GH customs used to suffer syncing issues when played from DVD. Haven't had that problem when played off the USB drive.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Skizzo said:
If I remember correctly, many of the GH customs used to suffer syncing issues when played from DVD. Haven't had that problem when played off the USB drive.
me niether
but whenever that would happen to me
just press start and resume the game and the sound will be in sync again

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
All games load slower when playing from backup instead of loading from retail disc, even Wii Sports. And usb loading is generally faster than retail discs.

I won't give you a list which games work well from disc, but i can tell that all Metroids are nearly unplayable from disc.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From my experience:
* Metroid Prime 3 is painfully slow from backup disc, with each door taking upwards of ten seconds to open. It works amazing from USB Loader.
* No More Heroes is brought to a grinding halt every time a mini-cutscene must be loaded (ten second load time for a three-second animation of a door opening). Works great from USB.
* Guitar Hero: Aerosmith is virtually unplayable from backup disc because it doesn't load and cache fast enough, leaving all songs 1-2 full seconds out of sync. This problem magically disappears when loaded from USB, where the load speed can keep up with the game's load screen timing.
* Tales of Symphonia can become tedious when played from disc as the beginning of every battle incurs 2-3 seconds of lag. Again, USB Loader eliminates this lag.

Online play generally isn't affected much - the game waits for everyone to finish loading, so the connection lobby time might be a couple of seconds longer but with the already slow nature of the Nintendo WiFi network that isn't very noticeable. However, there is still a tangible and noticeable lag in almost all games when loaded from disc, whereas USB loading not only removes all lag but can also run games faster than ever before. I highly recommend you go the USB route.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TRushInfo said:
yuyuyup said:
bullshit I burn wii games 16x shit runs perfectly

and the winner for stupidest post EVER goes to. Dude you are a fucking idiot. and everyone is laughing at you
Yeah, I would have said something similar, but I'm already up to a 30% warning level and he's not worth another 10% or being banned for another week. LOL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs...