vegeta4ss

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've got a few selected games that are all PAL that have vertical sync issues. When I say sync issues, the game has a large black bar in the middle and is split somewhere on the screen. Some games are in the middle, some are off near the top.

The weird thing is that these games actually are loading and playing in the background, but there is no way I could ever play them with the screen divided like that.

I dont know if it would help if I had my original rca cables, I only have the component ones. I've tried a couple different apps to convert isos to ntsc and usually I dont notice any difference with what these apps do (except for waste a disc). All other PAL games work and play fine without conversion on gamma and on softchip r59.

Can someone explain what i'm doing wrong? Point me to some documentation, threads? I tried some searches on here and on google but must have used the wrong terms for my problem.

games that do this:
-bully scholarship edition
-deal or no deal
-dr who top trumps
-mario party 8
-bomberman land
-harvest moon magical melody

3.2U wii

vegeta4ss

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the only one of those games that I could find in NTSC was mario party. The rest I have not seen as NTSC. I have seen many who claim they are patched for ntsc (Harvest Moon, Bomberman) but they still have issues.

I'm trying to figure out how to fix the games I have without going out and finding new ones. It makes no sense to me why 90% of the PAL games work without any modification but these are such problems.

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Force NTSC and/or Get Ntsc.
tongue.gif

vegeta4ss

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
on all these particular titles by forcing NTSC you get a green screen

what I was looking for was a couple links on PAL->NTSC conversion or some advanced tips to try. I'll even settle for an explanation as to why this occurs. I'm familiar that there is a wiki and some of the games just will not work even when converted. But these games however seem to be fine for others in the US. On one of my sites there is a guy with the same console/cables setup as me and some of the games work fine for him. We both grabbed the same iso's, so does this mean that it is a TV issue then?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You tell me to re-download stuff at NTSC... Where are you finding these specific games as NTSC? I looked on 5 different sites for Dr who and Deal or no Deal in NTSC and it isn't there. Someone care to PM me a link to a better resource?

vegeta4ss

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
what is this video region patcher do that regionfrii doesnt do to the iso? I dont want to keep wasting discs if its not going to convert it correctly.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
QUOTE said:
what I was looking for was a couple links on PAL->NTSC conversion or some advanced tips to try. I'll even settle for an explanation as to why this occurs. I'm familiar that there is a wiki and some of the games just will not work even when converted. But these games however seem to be fine for others in the US. On one of my sites there is a guy with the same console/cables setup as me and some of the games work fine for him. We both grabbed the same iso's, so does this mean that it is a TV issue then?

Most probably, some games have hard-coded Video Initialization and are probably stuck to use PAL50 or EURGB60 video modes

Both does not work on NTSC-only TVs: the first one brings you sync issues (50hz instead of 60hz), the second one video encoding issues (RGB instead YUV... similar thing happens when outputting NTSC video signal on european RGB cable --> red image)

you should try with RCA cables and 60hz (NTSC) forced, this only output composite video, no RGB or YUV stuff

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Use my Toy and the Generic Wii Patcher to patch the video mode to your region. Use system settings. You get this error, because many NTSC tvs can't handle PAL video mode. (50Hz instead of 60Hz)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: