Games with user-created character and some good story?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Reploid, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Reploid
    OP

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    Finished Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinte add-on and I liked it very much, so I wanna experience something like that.

The main goal is to have a game that focuses on custom-created protagonist and have a good plot by itself.

Games that I already know:
    Bioware games (and some more old PC RPGs),
    Fable,
    Gods Eater,
    Valchalla Knigts
    TotW: Radiant Mythgologies
    White Knight Story (was promising but the story is dull)

Topic is in PSP section, but the platforms doesnt really matter.

Anybody have poked something good of that sort?

2. marcus134

marcus134 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 7, 2011
    Canada
    Qu├ębec
    legasista on ps3
    you can design and inject your own sprite + a character designer that lets you use mix and match sprites that are already included in the game
    but the rest of the game is "meh"

3. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Try out Fallout 1, 2, 3, Tactics and New Vegas, especially 2 and New Vegas, they're some of my favorite RPG's of all time.

4. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Phantasy Star Online 2 could work, but you'll probably want to wait for it to finally get an English release. It's free though, so that's nice. I'm also not sure how the story is. Most MMORPGs would probably work, actually. I tend to skip most of he plot-related stuff if I play one though, so I'm not sure if there are any good ones in that regard.

5. Reploid
    OP

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    I guess I will wait. Thought it was still in beta.

Heh, mine too.

6. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    No, the Japanese version has been out since 4 July 2012. However there isn't even an official release date for the EU/US version. It was supposed to be "somewhere in 2013", but I doubt it's going to happen within the next month and a half.

7. Reploid
    OP

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    Ah, rats. Its PSU all over again. Maybe now Atlus will translate it for them.

8. FrostLust

FrostLust Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2013
    Senegal
    Phantasy Star Online 2 definitely, best character creation system i even ever tried, only released in Japan and will never be seen in the west, but there are English patches fan translated (PC idk about the Vita version), not planning to play this?

Try Ragnarok Odyssey, the game was not bad at all, i had fun beating every quest coop with 2 friends (Ace is coming sometime next year)

Also i only played Soul Sacrifice the Demo, the game is very unique and creative, even though the character creation system sucks (not sure if the full game has more stuff in the CC) i never played it cause i did not have anyone to coop with...

Nothing jumps in my mind now, but will update the post when i remember something