The Prince.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
As the good games on the DS are coming to and end, there seems to be nothing to play now. I want a game that'll last me for awhile. The only game I'm playing right now is Pokemon White. So, can you guys recommend me some games with lots of replay value?

D

Deleted User

Try the phoenix wright series, while it doesn't have replayibility, it has a great story and each of them are lengthy games.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
999 lasts quite a while.

The game i've gotten the most out of replay value wise was TWEWY and SMT: Devil Survivor. Clocked around 300 and 100 hours respectively into them.
Aside from Mario Kart, which was my only DS game for ages, i've never played any other DS game so much.

Skarigon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I've got a few ideas:

Disgaea DS, if you like turn-based strategy games, currently at about 110 hours and I've gotten only two endings. Also, the Prinny commentary option is pretty great. And who doesn't like having characters deal more than 100k damage in a hit?

Etrian Odyssey 1-3 if you like difficult RPGs, since each takes quite a while to complete, and the third takes at least two playthroughs to truly complete.

999 is also great, been mentioned, I personally couldn't really stop playing until I finished, which meant it took me only a short while to get all endings, but then again, I read quite quickly.

SMT: Strange Journey is quite long too.

If you like Card Based Strategy, Yu-gi-oh! World Championship 2011 is really good, and has immense amounts of opponents to duel.

Chrono Trigger is great and has quite a few endings and provides some replay value.

wasim

♫ Music addict ♫
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
GTA chinatown wars, i enjoyed playing that game more than once.
Chrono Trigger.

And if you like simulation games. There lots of them to try.
Sims 3 for instance.

EDIT: after you complete pokemon white, you can any of the pokemon hacks.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver has the most replay value in Pokemon history.
You can never get bored of it.I have like 400 something hours on it.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
  • Soma Bringer - Action/RPG - It plays like Diablo but tells story like Tales and looks like Final Fantasy. You can choose one of..um...seven or eight characters, I think. Maybe 9. They all have separate pieces of story you can only see when you are playing as them, and there's even an unlockable character. (REQUIRES TRANSLATION PATCH)
  • Jump Ultimate Stars - Fighting - Why wouldn't the anime Smash Bros. for the DS have replay value? (REQUIRES TRANSLATION PATCH)
  • Tales of Innocence - Action/RPG - A stereotypical Tales game. The replay value comes from the grade bonuses you get on a New Game +. (REQUIRES TRANSLATION PATCH)
  • Retro Game Challenge - Compilation - A plethora of clones of NES-era games. The replay value comes from all the nostalgia from these fake classics.
  • Theresia - Visual Novel / Survival Horror / Adventure - There are actually two stories to play in the game.
In addition to that, there is also every arcade game on the DS. Every single one of them.

OSpencerO

Trophies
From Nashville, Tennessee In Knoxville, Tennessee
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In my opinion the most replay value out of any game is Mario Kart DS in wifi mode.
I bought it the day it came out & over 6 years later I still play it.
I just love changing the tracks around & playing Waluigi Pinball, Shroom Ridge, Tick-Tock Clock, Airship Fortress & Mushroom Bridge online.
I even have the wifi & kiosk demos and the kiosk & normal beta track versions because I love this game so much.
BTW, Not to thread crap & I know I can't ask for the game here.
However...
Does anyone know if the version with the speedometer was ever dumped or have any info at all about it?

The reason why I'm asking is because I've never seen the speedometer version in anything besides pictures.
I would even be willing to pay a decent amount of money for the beta cartridge if it is at all possible to buy it.

Thank You,

Spencer

:yaynds:

Reactions: 1 person

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mystery Dungeon - Shiren the Wanderer

I spent over 100 hours on this game. And I only stopped because another title in the Shiren series came out.

It's a roguelike, a dungeon crawler with cute graphics. There are a lot of different monsters, weapons to upgrade, lots of items and each play through is different. It was the first roguelike I really loved.

Even the story it has is interesting.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Chrono Trigger, definitely. The DS port doesn't add THAT much to the SNES original, but it's an amazing game, and if you haven't played it yet, then that's a non-issue.

I haven't finished playing them, but Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time and Bowser's Inside story are great games. If they're anything like the first, they'll be quite long.

This definitely doesn't have much replay value, but Mega Man Zero Collection puts all 4 GBA originals onto one DS card, and includes an easy mode for those who aren't hardcore Mega Man gods. It took me about a week to play through. Right now I'm playing Mega Man ZX, the sequel to the series, which is quite good so far.

Kirby Superstar Ultra is DEFINITELY a fun game, and will take decent time to beat. I still haven't fully beaten it.

Yoshi's Island DS is (so far) at least as long as the original, and won't disappoint you if you liked the original on SNES or GBA.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Online (& Local) Multiplayer -- Though these three two games haven't given me all that much alone, I went back to the PSO-World forums when I found Phantasy Star Zero was released and made a lot of friends to play with. They had an MSN chat community set up, so you could always see when people with the game were online and available. I also got a lot of hours playing darts, bowling, and some other stuff in Clubhouse Games while in Skype calls with people I know.
  • Phantasy Star Zero (Really short single player "Story" mode with subtle variances between the three races. Hardmodes at certain level minimums & online multiplayer gives this the replay value I attribute to it.)
  • Clubhouse Games (Kind of a mindless fun thing to do if you are having a conversation with someone or want to wind down {or learn other popular card/board games and their rules})
My solo games that have logged most hourage (not in order! I give 1 to 3 stars to kind of signify which I put the most actual time into.) --
  • **Matchstick Games (puzzle)
  • *Honeycomb Beat (puzzle)
  • *Electroplankton (kind of a music generator with no real "saving")
  • ***Bejeweled 3 (puzzle, I love Zen mode because it's designed never to game over, I think I put over 24 hours into this the first week I had it while I marathoned NCIS)
  • **The Sims 3 (I already owned the PC version, but its load times are pretty nasty if you don't have it installed to SSD, so I rarely start it up. I got more hours in the DS version even though it cost me nothing.)
  • **Kirby Mass Attack (Best stylus-based gameplay I've ever seen as of the present day)
  • *Plants vs. Zombies (Puzzle/Tower Defense)
  • ***Super Scribblenauts (Puzzle/Vocabulary)

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • **Kirby Mass Attack (Best stylus-based gameplay I've ever seen as of the present day)

+1. I totally forgot about that one!
Stupid Kirby joke incoming:
Me: You have to get Kirby Mass Attack
Dan: Isn't that the one where Kirby is multiplied by 10?
Me: Kirby isn't multiplied, he's DIVIDED by 10.
Dan: Dividing Kirby by 10 IS multiplying by 10, because he's Kirby.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass