Gaming Games with Good Story

Nera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I like games with a good story, but they're kinda hard to find on Wii, so i'm asking your help.
What games that you have played on wii have a good story?(GameCube, Virtual console and WiiWare are allowed too, but rather just wii games)
My personal favorite is Tales of symphonia: Dawn of the new world, eventhough the gameplay may not be as good as other games, the story makes it up in a big way. I also liked Madword, but it was too short to really call it a story, and Zelda was pretty good too, but it's mainly the same as all other zelda's, and there aren't any huge plot changes...
My most favorite stories in a game were Final Fantasy series(especially 7 and 8) and Metal gear solid series(1 and 3 were my favorites, and i haven't played 4 since i don't have a PS3)
So please help me find a game with a good, lenghty and most off all with a lot of plot changes

kashin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I know what you're looking for, but i'm afraid you won't find a wii game like that.
The gamecube library i checked out and i'm positive there's a few titles with a good reputation (original ToS, Skies of Arcadia and a few other RPGs) but i can't speak from experience, not much anyway.
The virtual console offers a huge library so there's undoubtedly more than what i'm about to say but you could always play some of the great Snes RPGs like Chrono Trigger, Star Ocean, etc.

Nera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
kashin said:
I know what you're looking for, but i'm afraid you won't find a wii game like that.
The gamecube library i checked out and i'm positive there's a few titles with a good reputation (original ToS, Skies of Arcadia and a few other RPGs) but i can't speak from experience, not much anyway.
The virtual console offers a huge library so there's undoubtedly more than what i'm about to say but you could always play some of the great Snes RPGs like Chrono Trigger, Star Ocean, etc.
Sucks that the wii barely has any good story games, but I have already played ToS and SoA on GC and i enjoyed them, I wish the wii had more games like that,
I have Chrono trigger on DS and i'm still playing, But i'll defently check Star ocean out, thanks for the info.

Nera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
LivingToDie said:
zelda for gamecube ?
I have already played The wind waker(if that's what you mean). but in my opinion the story in zelda games aren't that strong(don't get me wrong the game itself is awesome), but there aren't any huge plot twists it's mainly very linear.
for example: The legend of zelda OoT: Get the 3 'things' as young link( don't remember what they were called i think jewels or so...) to get the master sword, then get the 6(or 5 since you get the 1st one as soon as you become adult link) then go into ganondorf's castle, finish him, and finally rescue zelda.
I like zelda games but i don't play them for the story, Whereas Final Fantasy's 7 story is totally unpredictable(well in the end you beat the bad guy, and save the world... but that happens in every game/movie).

D

Deleted User

Hmm.......

Good story eh..... I recommend these titles:

1)No More Heroes - Slick, a lot of twists and witting comedy (Lasts 20 or so hours)

2)Rune Factory Frontier - It's up to you to be what you want. There's also a good story-background (Lasts a long long time. Depends on how you wanna play the game)

3)Red Steel - Your GF is kidnapped by a dude. And it's your responsibility to save it (Pretty old game actually. Don't know how long it lasts, still hadn't beat it yet)

4)Mario Super Sluggers - It's a baseball game, Mario style. It's a good game actually.

5)Bully: Scholarship Edition - Who doesn't love the game? It lasts a long long time. Even after the story finishes, you've still have a lot to do!

6)Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles - This game, is the explanations on what happened and all. It's a good story. Even if you didn't play the first fewer games.

7)Disaster: Day of Crisis - This game, IS EPIC. I played and finished this game. And I'm gonna tell you, it's not a "meh" title. It's about the Main Character saving the world from a baddie who stolen a nuke, along with that, he has to save his dead-friend's sister.

8)Spiderman: Web of Shadows - Despite the same-same missions, this game has enough story to deliver. What happens if the world got struck with a lot of venoms? Yep, you guess it, Spiderman's on the rescue.

9)Super Paper Mario - It's a papered version of Mario. Stuck on 2D? Flip to 3D and keep on going! The story of this game is funny and witting, not to be let down
wink.gif

10)Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - This game is GOOD. It utilizes the Wii Remote pretty well. Plus, who doesn't like the fifth story? (Which for me, is epic)

That's all I have to recommend, happy gaming!

Nera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
afif95 said:
Hmm.......

Good story eh..... I recommend these titles:

1)No More Heroes - Slick, a lot of twists and witting comedy (Lasts 20 or so hours)

2)Rune Factory Frontier - It's up to you to be what you want. There's also a good story-background (Lasts a long long time. Depends on how you wanna play the game)

3)Red Steel - Your GF is kidnapped by a dude. And it's your responsibility to save it (Pretty old game actually. Don't know how long it lasts, still hadn't beat it yet)

4)Mario Super Sluggers - It's a baseball game, Mario style. It's a good game actually.

5)Bully: Scholarship Edition - Who doesn't love the game? It lasts a long long time. Even after the story finishes, you've still have a lot to do!

6)Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles - This game, is the explanations on what happened and all. It's a good story. Even if you didn't play the first fewer games.

7)Disaster: Day of Crisis - This game, IS EPIC. I played and finished this game. And I'm gonna tell you, it's not a "meh" title. It's about the Main Character saving the world from a baddie who stolen a nuke, along with that, he has to save his dead-friend's sister.

8)Spiderman: Web of Shadows - Despite the same-same missions, this game has enough story to deliver. What happens if the world got struck with a lot of venoms? Yep, you guess it, Spiderman's on the rescue.

9)Super Paper Mario - It's a papered version of Mario. Stuck on 2D? Flip to 3D and keep on going! The story of this game is funny and witting, not to be let down
wink.gif

10)Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - This game is GOOD. It utilizes the Wii Remote pretty well. Plus, who doesn't like the fifth story? (Which for me, is epic)

That's all I have to recommend, happy gaming!
Thanks a lot dude, I'll defenetly check out some of those games(some of them I'm currently playing) however i've got a question for some of them:
No More Heroes: I completed it already (took me 11 hrs or so) but the story didn't really start untill you reach the end of the game... and then when it really starts(I'm talking about the Real Ending) The game is already over... So I'm hopeing that NMH2 will be more around a story
(this one was pretty linear: Get through the stage-> beat a boss-> get the money for next ranked battle-> Get through the stage -> beat a boss....you know what I mean, but overall it was a good game.

Mario super sluggers: Does this have a story??? I thought it was more like the mario football thing... wich doesn't have a story at all

Disaster: Day of Crisis: I heard this game is quite bad, but i'm willing to try it(just checked out gamespot and even though it only got 5.5 it still got a 'Great Story' reward. However I'd like to know how long it takes to beat the game once on the normal difficulty.

Anyway, Thanks again dude
rolleyes.gif

D

Deleted User

Nera said:
Thanks a lot dude, I'll defenetly check out some of those games(some of them I'm currently playing) however i've got a question for some of them:
No More Heroes: I completed it already (took me 11 hrs or so) but the story didn't really start untill you reach the end of the game... and then when it really starts(I'm talking about the Real Ending) The game is already over... So I'm hopeing that NMH2 will be more around a story
(this one was pretty linear: Get through the stage-> beat a boss-> get the money for next ranked battle-> Get through the stage -> beat a boss....you know what I mean, but overall it was a good game.

Mario super sluggers: Does this have a story??? I thought it was more like the mario football thing... wich doesn't have a story at all

Disaster: Day of Crisis: I heard this game is quite bad, but i'm willing to try it(just checked out gamespot and even though it only got 5.5 it still got a 'Great Story' reward. However I'd like to know how long it takes to beat the game once on the normal difficulty.

Anyway, Thanks again dude
rolleyes.gif

Disaster: Day of Crisis is never a bad game, neither if it's one of the best. I simply believe GameSpot and IGN are biased to every Wii Game there is. Try it out, it's EPIC. For me, it took 6 or-so hours to beat the game, but then again, I am fast at finishing games.

Mario Super Sluggers: ya, it has a story. Bowser Jr. took over a baseball Island, and it's up to you to save it. Pretty standard story, but the game play makes it good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head