Games will load in Disc Channel but not load up.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by blazingwolf, Feb 1, 2012.

1. blazingwolf
    OP

Member blazingwolf GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I've been out of the hacking game for awhile now, I have a Wiikey Modded Wii also set up with a USB Loader. That's working great and I haven't touched my Wii in awhile.

I have a friend who wants me to hack her Wii and I'm doing her the favor. Got her up and running with Letterbomb, Bootmii, PriiLoader. Using ModMii I prepared and installed all the wads and cIOS 236 patched.

I figured thats all I have to do to get burned discs working. When I put in some of my burned discs, they come up in the channel just fine, but when I run them I immediately get an eject disc, restart message, got it on 3 games, I doubt I'm getting read errors on all of them (though they aren't in the best condition).

I've done some researching on the forums but can't find a lot of concrete info on simply what needs to be prepared to get burned games working, any suggestions?

EDIT: On 4.3U with a early Wii that I know should run disc back ups.

2. The_Dragons_Mast

Member The_Dragons_Mast GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    Tried launching them with latest neogamma ?

3. MarkWnek

Newcomer MarkWnek Newbie

i have a 4.3U 2006 wii and you have to launch with latest neogamma,

4. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
  5. blazingwolf
    OP

Member blazingwolf GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I forgot you needed a channel/app to load the games, I always thought you could load from system menu (maybe because thats I had a Wiikey in my Wii?)

Thanks guys! I appreciate the help!

6. urherenow

Member urherenow GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Even with a Wiikey, if you scrubbed your backup (either downloaded that way, or dumped yourself to a WBFS USB HDD then burned an .iso from that file) then you would still need to use a loader unless both the system menu IOS AND the IOS that the game uses are both trucha patched. Showing up in the disc channel but not actually loading makes me think that is the problem.